9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Alverno High School 2

Posted December 06, 2015
I'm sorry but there needs to be a lot of changes at this school to consider it "good". There is little to no communication between the administration and students, and the dress code is unbelievably strict, even on FREE DRESS DAYS. Giving out detentions for the wrong socks (length, hue) won't solve anything. Furthermore, it is a pain in the neck to complete service hours, considering the load of homework and projects assigned by the teachers. I'm writing this because I had to experience my sister break down into tears because of unnecessary stress. Detention for socks? Really? Glad I made the decision to not attend here.

Alverno High School 4

Posted May 12, 2015
I am very happy with the direction that Alverno is headed in under the leadership of Ms. Fanara. I believe she has the right vision and ideas for the school and has already made some wonderful changes to the campus. I am hoping these changes will continue happening and the community starts to see the wonderful things that happen at Alverno!

Posted March 20, 2014
There is a lot of concern for every student at Alverno! My daughter and my niece both attended and they were given opportunities I fear they would not have had in a different environment. I am confused as to the negative comments because our experience with this school has been truly amazing and a blessing.

Posted February 01, 2014
Alverno is an excellent school. My daughter is a sophomore and she chose Alverno two years ago because the students were so welcoming to her. Now that she is an Alverno student herself, she considers campus is her second home. Academically she is excelling and socially she is thriving. She loves her teachers and has made good friends. I recommend Alverno to all of our friends with daughters!

Alverno High School 1

Posted January 06, 2014
Please do not waste your money. If you live in a good public school district, research the possibility of sending your child there. My daughter needed help with math and her math teacher was not available after school because she had children of her own and needed to get home right away. I do understand this and did not expect her to be there five days a week. However, two times a week would have been very helpful. If your child is a good student, she will do well anywhere. Alverno is so lacking. The principal is rude and shows no compassion for families that do not have money. The administration needs to be replaced with people that care. My sister went there for only a year and when it was time for my daughter to pick a school, my sister was so very disappointed we picked Alverno for our daughter. Save this money for college or invest it in an account for your child. You will be glad you did. Enrollment here is so low. Numbers don't lie.

Posted November 14, 2013
I attended Alverno in the 90s and I found myself prepared for college and I had the ability to stand up for myself and work hard for what I wanted. I feel like my high school experience gave me the courage to do that. The teachers and administration were supportive of me as a student and I feel that I received a top-notch education. I was fully prepared for college and made the Dean's list all through my four years. I went on to graduate school where I graduated with highest honors - 4.0 grade point average. Thank you Alverno... and mom and dad!

Posted August 13, 2013
Alverno High School has been a homecoming for our family. Our daughter will graduate in 2016, 30 years after her mother and twenty years after her aunt. Alverno embraces, envelops, and encourages the girl who marches to the beat of her own drum. The education our daughter is earning is exemplary, but equally as important is the development of her own self. We knew that sending our daughter to Alverno would enhance the gifts she already has, but this was never truer than when we heard her sing a solo at the Harvest Concert during her Freshman year. Our seemingly shy, reserved girl stepped forward, held that microphone, and came alive. It was a beautiful moment as parents to witness. We will treasure it always because we knew she was home.

Alverno High School 3

Posted April 08, 2013
I attended Alverno and find that the reviews speak to the uneven nature of the academics. Some teachers are remarkable and truly inspiring. Some are miserable and destructive. One in particular (who is still on staff and for some unimaginable reason has some kind of academic leadership position) failed to understand the subject she taught and would rather berate her students than read the text which she was meant to elucidate. Also, the college counseling was a contradiction in terms. I had to research for myself all of the universities I was interested in and discover all of the potential scholarships on my own. Luckily, I was motivated and succeeded, but it was in spite of Alverno's help in this regard, not because of it. In the end, though, quite a few of the AP classes were good (not biology or calc, sadly), and the relationship with the other girls was probably the best part (mutual suffering can build strong bods!). If Alverno wants to truly empower women, it might strive to provide them with the intellectual foundation they need to excel.

Posted November 20, 2012
Alverno is an amazing school that provides its students with opportunities that they otherwise would not have at another school. It encourages its students to speak up and ask questions. Teachers are always available for tutoring and to help their students succeed. Learning at Alverno is very interactive and students learn not only in the classroom but also outside of the classroom so that they get hands on experiences that they will remember for the rest of their lives. The young women that graduate from Alverno are fully prepared for college and the lives ahead of them with the life experiences and knowledge to take them to great places.

Alverno High School 4

Posted November 20, 2012
I love Alverno because I feel like this isn't just a school but really is a community. The teachers are really great and are very interested in what they teach and are very inspiring. I really enjoy being in Book Club and that there is a club for everyone at Alverno!

Alverno High School