K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I'm so glad we found Bethany Christian! It's quickly becoming like family to us. My 3 children began attending this year (preschool and elementary), and they are so happy every day when I drop them off and pick them up. They love the structure, they love the warmth that the entire staff exudes, they love all of the family events (Harvest Festival, Grandparents Day, Christmas program, etc.) They love the enrichment classes like art, music and language. The homework is very manageable, and the staff are very professional, and will work with families as much as possible depending on their child's needs. I have seen my children academically progress with the consistency and content of the curriculum. The principal is an amazing and gifted leader. I see him out and about on campus nearly every day. He is very much involved in nurturing and positively influencing the students, as well as the staff. The parent involvement is through the roof. Most importantly, the school is reinforcing our Christian values in a way that is very genuine, and not trite or shallow. It is apparent that the staff and teachers love the Lord Jesus, and purpose to love and lead the children throughout the day. It is really hard to put into words all that Bethany is. Set-up a tour and give it a look, you might be surprised at what you find. I homeschooled them last year, and prior to that they attended a different Christian school, as well as a charter school. I have a lot to compare it with, and my past experiences have brought me to a place of humility where I can overlook some of the imperfections, because no school is perfect, just like no person is perfect, and the school is made up of a bunch of people, my own children included!! Our expectations have been exceeded, and I'm excited to get more and more involved in my children's education at Bethany.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal is very actively involved with both the staff and the students. The teachers are well respected by the students, and communication is very clear.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Bethany absolutely encourages Christ-like character. It is exemplified by the staff and teachers, and students are proactively trained in Christian values. Students are encouraged to serve others in various ways. There is also a very helpful conflict guideline that is followed. Service and conflict tend to especially provide teachable moments during which character is formed.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My kids LOVE their teachers, and their teachers communicate with parents very clearly and effectively. Parent teacher conferences are informative, and plenty of feedback is given to document their progress.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is grade-level appropriate. My children do not have a problem with it.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying isn't tolerated. So far I've seen kids be expelled for being a unrelenting bully.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal is hands on and very dedicated.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Good Christian characters are rewarded and encouraged among students.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework doesn't over exacerbate the kids. It's just enough.

We've been here for over 5 years and we love it. Bethany has put the love of reading and learning in my kids. Very warm and Godly environment. My kids are happy every time I pick them up from school. Small class numbers for great personal attention from the teachers. I'm here to stay until they graduate 8th grade. The administration and teachers are truly Christian. I only wish they had a high school so my kids can stay here after 8th grade.

Last modified Bethany Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8