Signal Hill, CA

Burroughs Elementary School 2

Posted February 19, 2008
Although Burroughs definately has some passionate fans, we have found our experience at Burroughs to be lackluster. The school feels tired, worn, and lacking inspiration. For months I have walked down the stark, main hall passing each empty classroom bulletin board. The front office secretary is not friendly. Our teacher, although a sweet person, is lacking the skills to really be an effective teacher. The school is located in a great neighborhood. The right management, creativity and parental involvement could turn this little school into a star.

Burroughs Elementary School 3

Posted December 27, 2007

Posted May 31, 2007
I LOVE BURROUGHS! It's true about walking on campus and staff and teachers knowing your childs name. That is awesome to know that EVERY student is noticed and recognized. PeaceBuilders is alive and kicking on the Burroughs campus and I truly believe is a huge part of the 'behavior' at Burroughs! Great School, staff, teachers and principal.

Posted April 19, 2006
As a parent of two here at burroughs I can say that this is one of the best schools in signal hill. This school offers music class starting in second grade through 5. It has chorus class. It has an after school program that offers extracurricular activities for the student, the program involves the students in art,drama,sports,fieldtrips to various educational places,its councelors are well trained in child care and education. They help the students with homework assignments and they have a good relationship with the students and parents. I love the program and so do my kids.Overall I give the after school program a big thumbs up.Thanks to the principal for having a program like this close to home it is a well balanced academic program in your school.

Posted December 20, 2005
This is a great school and the pricipal is the best they have have in the 6 years my daughter have went to school there. Unfortunatly some of the staff and parents have teamed up against the principal not because she is bad, but because she does her job and runs a tight ship. Those that appose her are the ones that aren't worth listening to. Just on a band wagon if you know what I mean.....

Burroughs Elementary School 4

Posted November 02, 2005

Burroughs Elementary School 2

Posted July 16, 2005
- a staff
Burroughs school has many problems with leadership. The teachers are superior, but without leadership can not do their job to best educate the students.

Burroughs Elementary School 3

Posted July 16, 2005
There are so many problems at the school, the quality of academic programs may suffer.

Posted April 30, 2004
Burroughs is a great little neighborhood school. A school of days gone by. Teachers and staff work together for the well-being of the students. They truly care about the families there. I have been a parent there for 6 years and hate having to leave this year. Only goes to 5th grade. The school is academically excelling. Test scores prove that. School motto...'Together, we make a difference' and it is truly because of the way everyone works together that we are suceeding. This year, Burroughs has won the 'Blue Star Award, An honorable mention in the California Distinquished Schools award and Title One Award. The awards are nice, but better still is the environment within our school. Step back in time, experience a school where teachers, staff, and parents and community members still come together to socialize, where children love to come to school and truly love their school. Experience Burroughs.

Burroughs Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2004
This is our third year at Burroughs. We have been extremely pleased with our child's progress. Each year, the teachers have been dedicated and responsive to my child's needs. The teachers also welcome parent involvement in the classroom. Our principal, in her second year at this school, has supported and proposed many positive changes, including Family Literacy Night and other evening programs, which gives the working parents the ability to be involved as well. Our principal also approved an exciting, optional uniform (still navy/white) with a Hawaiian print. I continue to be very pleased with Burroughs' small community feel - my child would be lost at another, much larger school and it's a great feeling to walk a campus where the principal and the teachers know your child's name.

Burroughs Elementary School
1260 East 33rd Street, Signal Hill, CA  90755
Last modified Burroughs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5
Burroughs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top