Public charter
Simi Valley, CA
Students enrolled: 2,235

Posted March 13, 2015
My daughter has been going to this school for 2 years now and I use to really love this school. I absolutely love her teacher and the curriculum, however this school year has just been a disaster as far as organization. I have always had a problem getting my internet disbursement from them except once.They say they send it out...you never get it, then they tell you it will be the next week and so on... The assembly they hold seem to be geared toward favoritism...who the best learning coach is ect. and I feel every child should be acknowledge for their efforts. My daughter is a special Ed student and MUST be at the same progress % as other regular students.This whole work at your child's own pace they claim on commercials is false and most likely somewhere down the line will get into legal trouble for falsely advertising their school. It takes 2 hours per course to get through with my daughter because she is a little bit slower than the other kids so we are homeschooling 10 hours a day. Like I said I really loved this school so it pains me to have to write this review!

Posted March 05, 2015
This school is absolutely terrible , they looked over my daughters transcribs incorrectly 2 times, she had to complete 2 unnecessary semester in which she was completely classes she didn't even need ! This messed up my daughters graduation terribly . She was suppose to graduate early and cava k12 has made it to where here we are 2 semesters later and she still has no diploma . The problem is she has all of her classes that are required in the start of California to graduate and no diploma . We tried for months and months to contact cava to explore our options and figure out how to get my daughter a diploma . And of course it was nearly impossible to get ahold of somebody . And when we finally did the woman was so rude !! And sudggested my daughter just get her GED!!! Finally after research we are enrolling my daughter into an adult school where she is going to complete one assignment and get her diploma . The only problem is cava will not send over her transcrips !! I strongly urge you all to NOT send your children to cava k12.

Posted August 21, 2014
This school has been amazing for my son. We started in kindergarten and my son was completely deaf, we were able to manipulate the curriculum to suit his ability to do the work. Mid kindergarten he got his first cochlear implant. Then in 1st he got his 2nd ear a cochlear implant as well. He's catching up with his language quickly, but in the meantime he was still allowed to excel in the subjects he was already good in. We've completed 2nd grade with this school and are returning next for 3rd grade as well. Without this school I don't think my son would have been able to advance as quickly as he has. I couldn't have asked for a better schooling option for my son.

Posted March 31, 2014
I just want to say for all of the people putting this school down...Online education is not for everyone. You are the learning coach...you just can't put your kid on a computer and think that's it. Its a a very dedicated job and it never stops. You are as a learning coach responsible for being proactive in engaging with your kids. This is a good school and if you look up the graduation rate of homeschooled kids its higher than Public school. Its a fact.

Posted March 25, 2014
California Virtual academy @ San Diego is a joke. There is no real teaching involved! Unless you have a student who can teach themselves and is brilliant in EVERY subject. Don't waste your time. We are switching to public school after just one month of living in San Diego. If you notice, this school has a 4 star rating on here. I would give it a 0 if that was a option. Our "homeroom" teacher is a joke and is never available as a resource and never follows in a timely fashion. Like I said, very bad idea to use K12 CAVA. Will be spreading the word in hopes of preventing anyone else from choosing this terrible option.

Posted October 08, 2013
Absolutely love it! best thing to have ever happened to my daughter and my family...

Posted October 08, 2013
I LOVE that my Aspergian son has the choice of attending school in his own home, without the crowded hallways, loud classrooms, and bully-filled lunchrooms of a brick-and-mortar school!! The teachers he has had while in attendance at CAVA-SD have been knowledgeable, caring and always willing to help. My son will be graduating soon, and is ready to continue his education at a tech school for his chosen field, because he was allowed to learn at his own pace and in his own style.

California Virtual Academy @ San Diego School 3

Posted September 18, 2013
We have our children in Lakeside Virtual Academy. We love the program, the CURRICULUM provided and our teacher.

Posted August 22, 2013
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO CAVA OR ANY OTHER ONLINE SCHOOL IF YOUR CHILD HAS GOALS TO ATTEND A UNIVERSITY STRAIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT A-G APPROVED. FOR CA STUDENTS, CHECK DOORWAYS WHICH LIST SCHOOLS AND THEIR COURSES THAT ARE QUALIFIED FOR UC AND CSU SCHOOLS. MY SON TOOK BIOLOGY AND WORLD HISTORY. THESE COURSE ARE WASC ACCREIDTED AND GOOD FOR HIM TO GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL BUT NOT FOR A UNIVERSITY. ITS WORSE WITH INSIGHTS, THAT SCHOOL ISNT ON THE LIST PERIOD. CAVA AND OTHER ONLINE SCHOOL WORK GREAT FOR HIGH SCHOOL GRADS ONLY. PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK MOM'S AND DAD'S. GOOD LUCK, MOM

Posted August 01, 2013
The curriculum is well organized and provides you with very useful tools that include computer and offline work. I would recommend CAVA to anyone interested in changing to home schooling or who is not happy with their current program.

California Virtual Academy @ San Diego School
2360 Shasta Way, Simi Valley, CA  93065
Last modified California Virtual Academy @ San Diego School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
California Virtual Academy @ San Diego School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top