Public charter
Simi Valley, CA
Students enrolled: 2,235

Posted August 21, 2014
This school has been amazing for my son. We started in kindergarten and my son was completely deaf, we were able to manipulate the curriculum to suit his ability to do the work. Mid kindergarten he got his first cochlear implant. Then in 1st he got his 2nd ear a cochlear implant as well. He's catching up with his language quickly, but in the meantime he was still allowed to excel in the subjects he was already good in. We've completed 2nd grade with this school and are returning next for 3rd grade as well. Without this school I don't think my son would have been able to advance as quickly as he has. I couldn't have asked for a better schooling option for my son.

Posted March 31, 2014
I just want to say for all of the people putting this school down...Online education is not for everyone. You are the learning coach...you just can't put your kid on a computer and think that's it. Its a a very dedicated job and it never stops. You are as a learning coach responsible for being proactive in engaging with your kids. This is a good school and if you look up the graduation rate of homeschooled kids its higher than Public school. Its a fact.

California Virtual Academy @ San Diego School 1

Posted March 25, 2014
California Virtual academy @ San Diego is a joke. There is no real teaching involved! Unless you have a student who can teach themselves and is brilliant in EVERY subject. Don't waste your time. We are switching to public school after just one month of living in San Diego. If you notice, this school has a 4 star rating on here. I would give it a 0 if that was a option. Our "homeroom" teacher is a joke and is never available as a resource and never follows in a timely fashion. Like I said, very bad idea to use K12 CAVA. Will be spreading the word in hopes of preventing anyone else from choosing this terrible option.

Posted October 08, 2013
Absolutely love it! best thing to have ever happened to my daughter and my family...

Posted October 08, 2013
I LOVE that my Aspergian son has the choice of attending school in his own home, without the crowded hallways, loud classrooms, and bully-filled lunchrooms of a brick-and-mortar school!! The teachers he has had while in attendance at CAVA-SD have been knowledgeable, caring and always willing to help. My son will be graduating soon, and is ready to continue his education at a tech school for his chosen field, because he was allowed to learn at his own pace and in his own style.

California Virtual Academy @ San Diego School 3

Posted September 18, 2013
We have our children in Lakeside Virtual Academy. We love the program, the CURRICULUM provided and our teacher.

California Virtual Academy @ San Diego School 1

Posted August 22, 2013
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO CAVA OR ANY OTHER ONLINE SCHOOL IF YOUR CHILD HAS GOALS TO ATTEND A UNIVERSITY STRAIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT A-G APPROVED. FOR CA STUDENTS, CHECK DOORWAYS WHICH LIST SCHOOLS AND THEIR COURSES THAT ARE QUALIFIED FOR UC AND CSU SCHOOLS. MY SON TOOK BIOLOGY AND WORLD HISTORY. THESE COURSE ARE WASC ACCREIDTED AND GOOD FOR HIM TO GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL BUT NOT FOR A UNIVERSITY. ITS WORSE WITH INSIGHTS, THAT SCHOOL ISNT ON THE LIST PERIOD. CAVA AND OTHER ONLINE SCHOOL WORK GREAT FOR HIGH SCHOOL GRADS ONLY. PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK MOM'S AND DAD'S. GOOD LUCK, MOM

Posted August 01, 2013
The curriculum is well organized and provides you with very useful tools that include computer and offline work. I would recommend CAVA to anyone interested in changing to home schooling or who is not happy with their current program.

Posted June 17, 2012
I was a student enrolled in the Spring Semester of 2011. The School's Lessons were organized really well. I love the flexibility of the school: I was able to do some homework on the weekends instead of during the week, and you can complete the school at whatever time during the day or night. You can contact the teachers on the weekends as well. The only thing I didn't really like was how my counselor wasn't all that helpful. But overall, I liked the school a lot, because I learned a lot and I because I was able to have a flexible schedule.

Posted May 02, 2011
This was our first year with CAVA/K12 and I have to admit it was extremely stressful in the beginning, especially when we started a month into it. I definitely recommend to give yourself time to learn and understand the daily lesson plans & listen to all coaching videos, as well as all the other resources they offer. They don't expect you to follow it exactly as it is on the site, it's very flexible and very easy to follow once you get the hang of it. It seemed overwhelming for me since I had a 6th grader and a 4th grader to coach. However, as I mentioned, it was my 1st year ever homeschooling and we were a month behind! It's been such a great experience though and I have loved getting to know my children on another level! I would highly recommend all parents to spend a school year at home with their child, if possible. It's been such a great bonding experience that I will never forget!

California Virtual Academy @ San Diego School
2360 Shasta Way, Simi Valley, CA  93065
Last modified California Virtual Academy @ San Diego School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
California Virtual Academy @ San Diego School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top