Bad
Good

Posted March 03, 2015
My daughter loves her school, it is very clean and all the staff is very nice! She is learning a lot and reading very good!!! We are very content with Arroyo!!!

Arroyo Elementary School 1

Posted March 03, 2014
This school has major bullying problems and has been going on for the past 3 years. The past principal and the new one do nothing about it. My daughter has experienced it and I have friends that have left the school because of this ongoing issue. The district does nothing about it either. You will here great things from parents, but those are the ones that do not experience the non addressed issue. Very sad. Those students that bully should be suspended from school or some course of action.

Posted January 15, 2013
Arroyo has exceeded my expectations in a number of areas. The teachers communicate with the parents frequently; there are no surprises by report card time. My child has excelled in all academic areas thanks to his wonderful teachers. Every teacher he has had at Arroyo has been flexible, patient and effective in their teaching methods. The school is well maintained and there are several activities throughout the year for all grades. The school has also improved their security measures in the last year. When I drop my child off in the morning I have confidence he is safe.

Posted November 28, 2012
I am very happy with this school thus far. My son's kindergarten teacher is awesome! He's happy and learning! I am very pleased.

Arroyo Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2011
Very unhappy with this school. Not enough yard duty's. The school campus is not secure enough for our children. Any one could walk onto the campus at any point and time. I wish they would make some serious changes to operations at this school.

Posted August 05, 2010
Great school, excellent principal and wonderful teachers. My son has been going there for 3 years and in every class he got a wonderful teacher who keep on motivating him for do better and better. I met the school principal first day when i enrolled my son. I was really impressed with the enthusiam and zeal she showed me explaining she is going to put everything in the school to put it on the way to progress. And guess what happens in short time, it's CALIFORNIA DISTINGUISHED SCHHOL now. Really -2 happy parent !

Posted April 30, 2010
Arroyo is a terrific school with amazing teachers and adminstrators. No jaded teachers here--they are driven to give our kids the best education they can get. Arroyo was just named a 'California Distinguished School.'

Arroyo Elementary School 4

Posted June 09, 2009
My child has attended Arroyo Elementary from first grade and the teachers and staff have been very friendly and helpful. We are always greeted with a warm smile and kindness. The children at Arroyo are wonderful and for the most part they treat everyone like family at this school. The principal is Awesome and very attentive to parents needs. Thank you Arroyo for making a difference.

Arroyo Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2008
I thought that the Kindergarten program was completely terrible, but I sent my child back again in 1rst grade and was completely happy with the teacher and the program. The teacher was very attentive to my child's needs and helped prepare my child for 2nd grade.

Posted November 29, 2007
I couldn't say enough good things about our first year at this school. My son is in kindergarden and we absolutely love his teacher. I have heard nothing but good things from other parents whom have had their kids at Arroyo for years. I feel very fortunate to have a great experience for my son in his kindergarten year. The new principal- Mrs. Mason is extremely nice and you always feel welcome coming into the office for anything. Congratulations Arroyo staff for really making us all feel welcome and like a family at Arroyo.

225 Ulysses Street, Simi Valley, CA  93065
Last modified Arroyo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.