Public charter
Simi Valley, CA

Posted April 14, 2014
I have 3 kids all in CAVA who were begging to learn! However the brick and mortar school they attended didn't seem to care or just followed the same old routine of claiming they were unruly! Children and I don't care what excuse you use all learn at different paces and CAVA gives a child that oppurtunity! They learn at their pace! The Teachers are outstanding, compassionate and are always willing to take that extra time to help! My kids have made the Deans list with straight A's since I pulled them out of the regular type school and they have learned a heck of a lot more in doing so! Oh I almost forgot they don't have to fear being bullied or judged by their peers! Trust me CAVA is the way to go and I am so thakful I made the right choice back then and I tell anyone who will listen about CAVA and many a parent has made the swithch!

California Virtual Academy @ Kings School 1

Posted November 07, 2013
CAVA--San Joaquin. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS HIGH SCHOOL. This "school" does not inform parents upon enrollment that their child's courses will not get them into California state universities. We moved to CA from the east coast two months ago, enrolled our child in CAVA, and just discovered these requirements on our own. We are now removing our child and enrolling in another school. And though our child has spent time earning all A's and A+'s at CAVA, our child now will start the year over so as to remove these useless classes from our child's transcript. If this school is representative of California's public schools, the system is a joke.

Posted October 08, 2013
My daughter Caylynn first year of high school...I really wish this would have been available when my 4 boys.. adults now... If i could do it over again I would have had all my children enrolled here.....:)

Posted September 12, 2013
I feel this school is awsome!!! Every parent should enroll there children in this school. The teachers are the best. The administration are great. You'll child blossoms at their own pace and if they need help the teachers are right there to assist them.

California Virtual Academy @ Kings School 1

Posted August 22, 2013
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO CAVA OR ANY OTHER ONLINE SCHOOL IF YOUR CHILD HAS GOALS TO ATTEND A UNIVERSITY STRAIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT A-G APPROVED. FOR CA STUDENTS, CHECK DOORWAYS WHICH LIST SCHOOLS AND THEIR COURSES THAT ARE QUALIFIED FOR UC AND CSU SCHOOLS. MY SON TOOK BIOLOGY AND WORLD HISTORY. THESE COURSE ARE WASC ACCREIDTED AND GOOD FOR HIM TO GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL BUT NOT FOR A UNIVERSITY. ITS WORSE WITH INSIGHTS, THAT SCHOOL ISNT ON THE LIST PERIOD. CAVA AND OTHER ONLINE SCHOOL WORK GREAT FOR HIGH SCHOOL GRADS ONLY. PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK MOM'S AND DAD'S. GOOD LUCK, MOM

Posted June 08, 2012
I have been a student in CAVA for the last five years-- I started in the sixth grade in CAV@Sonoma. My father moved for work, two years ago and we are now in the CAVA@Kings district. CAVA is a wonderful school, and it is really the best of the best. I am an advanced student, and I have been in at least 2 Honors Classes since beginning my HS career, and I will be moving into AP English next semester. CAVA prepares students for the rigor of college, and has an abundance of resources for everyone-- Including one-on-one time with the teachers. CAVA's teachers are great; all of my high school teachers have been good at what they do, and for the one who wasn't, I was able to transfer out of the class. Most of the teachers go above and beyond expectation to push their students to reach their potential. CAVA is amazing, I couldn't imagine going anywhere else.

California Virtual Academy @ Kings School 4

Posted January 05, 2010
My son has been enrolled for 3 weeks. He is really improving with this curriculum and the extra one-on-one that I am able to give him, as opposed to a classroom filled with 21 other students. The curriculum is fun and stimulating and I am even having fun with it. The ability to structure and plan as the learning coach sees fit is a BIG plus.

California Virtual Academy @ Kings School
2360 Shasta Way, Suite A, Simi Valley, CA  93065
Last modified California Virtual Academy @ Kings School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
California Virtual Academy @ Kings School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top