Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 07, 2015
This school is a total joke. They make you believe that his is a real instruction, but it is a scam.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 07, 2015
None, the classes do not take the 60m min, they take 15 min to complete adn are totally worthless.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 07, 2015
This school destroys children. It gives them a goal to achieve, only to then tell them they failed, even though they did all that they were asked to do.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 07, 2015
Definitely not, not when they blatantly lie to the parent and the student. My daughter worked so hard, completed all she was told to complete, yet was given a C at the end, because of some never-mentioned assignment, even though we specifically asked before the end of the year if anything was missing!!!!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 07, 2015
See previous comment, the behavior of the administrators ia a very bad example to the students.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 07, 2015
They lied to us, entirely destroyed my child's respect and love for school. What kind of a model are they?

Posted August 07, 2015
All seemed well when my daughter started Grade 6 curriculum. She completed all her ssignments at or near 100%, so I was shocked to see that her grades were Bs and Cs. I immediately called the school and was assured by her homeroom teacher that these grades would only be her final grade if she quit the school at that very moment and not finished the year. She further assured me that all her work was complete and she was on track to receive As. To my great shock, her report card was exactly as I feared, Bs and Cs. The homeroom teacher then told me that there were some assignments she did not complete, despite the fact that she reassured me two weeks before the end of school that all was done. The curriculum is a joke. Grade 6 is at Grade 4 level, sometimes even lower. There is no accountability, the staff will lie to you and there is nothing you can do to redeem your child's grades later. I wish I recorded the phone call, although I do have emails assuring me that all is being done. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!!!

Posted November 07, 2013
CAVA--San Joaquin. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS HIGH SCHOOL. This "school" does not inform parents upon enrollment that their child's courses will not get them into California state universities. We moved to CA from the east coast two months ago, enrolled our child in CAVA, and just discovered these requirements. We are now removing our child and enrolling in another school. And though our child has spent time earning A's and A+'s at CAVA, our child now will start the year over so as to remove these useless classes from her transcript. If this school is representative of California's public schools, the system is a joke.

Posted August 22, 2013
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO CAVA OR ANY OTHER ONLINE SCHOOL IF YOUR CHILD HAS GOALS TO ATTEND A UNIVERSITY STRAIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT A-G APPROVED. FOR CA STUDENTS, CHECK DOORWAYS WHICH LIST SCHOOLS AND THEIR COURSES THAT ARE QUALIFIED FOR UC AND CSU SCHOOLS. MY SON TOOK BIOLOGY AND WORLD HISTORY. THESE COURSE ARE WASC ACCREIDTED AND GOOD FOR HIM TO GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL BUT NOT FOR A UNIVERSITY. ITS WORSE WITH INSIGHTS, THAT SCHOOL ISNT ON THE LIST PERIOD. CAVA AND OTHER ONLINE SCHOOL WORK GREAT FOR HIGH SCHOOL GRADS ONLY. PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK MOM'S AND DAD'S. GOOD LUCK, MOM

Posted June 19, 2013
CAVA California Virtual Academies was a huge mistake. I wish I had never heard of it. My daughters teacher allowed me to believe she was doing very well, then I get a report card that says her work was unsatisfactory and all D's. Now I have to take her summer away from her and send her to summer school. Booo on CAVA for doing nothing to help and having terrible customer care when there is a problem. My kid could get a better education in Darpur.

2360 Shasta Way, Unit A, Simi Valley, CA  93065-1800
Last modified California Virtual Academy @ San Mateo School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.