Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted July 05, 2016
Loves this school and there online interfaces is great and my son's best school still cant win love cava k12 will stay tell high school and will recomand this school

Posted February 15, 2015
My school offers foreign languages, music lessons, community activities, field trips, and very innovative lessons in all subjects. My school utilizes the technology of today to give each student the ability to demonstrate their personal understanding of each lesson before moving on. My school has 100% active-participation from parents/guardians, who fulfill the role of "Learning Coach" to students, each school-day. My school has teachers who are still enthusiastic about teaching. The parent-teacher relationship is beyond compare, because communication is a very high priority at my school.

Posted July 18, 2014
My first grader went from bored and unchallenged to a happy thriving learner. Putting her into CAVA mid -year was the best decision for her socially and academically. Great experience with curriculum and teacher.

Posted August 21, 2012
California Virtual Academy is a highly rigorous school. My daughter attended an expensive private school before starting K12. We are so impressed with K12. My 8th grade daughter is able to take appropriate leveled courses. She is in 10th grade English Honors, Algebra 2 Honors (11th Grade Course), and other 8th grade courses and still be considered an 8th grader. In CAVA, she is able to work at her own pace. She believes that CAVA is very challenging. Best of all, she doesn't have to deal with major discipline issues from other students during class time. SHE LOVES IT!! KUDOS TO K12. The teachers are top quality and are very dedicated.

California Virtual Academy @ San Joaquin School 1

Posted August 04, 2011
This school is backed by K12 curriculum, K12 is a gimmick using state or county ran charter schools to get their income your TAX DOLLARS. They tell parents students can work at their own pace and get classes at their level. That is lie within CAVA@San Joaquin. If you join this school you will see that they are linked to K12 but there is no over site that you get what K12 offers. Each Charter school is free to choose what classes out of the K12 curriculum they will offer. My child was told by his math teacher to just get a "D" so he could be passed on to the next level of math when the level they put him in was way about his skill set in the first place. If your child has any special needs you will not get services or the help you need for your child through this charter school! In fact if you have an IEP it is a nightmare dealing with this school. We had to take them to due process mediation. Do not look for any help from Stockton Unified School District even though they backed this charter school they feel they do not need to make sure your child is getting any educational benefit or a Free Appropriate Public Education. If you choose this school make sure you have a good lawyer!

Posted July 25, 2011
My son has been going to CAVA @ San Joaquin since the seventh grade and I have seen tremendous growth. I think that the reason why the school received such a low score is because you do have some students and parents that come to the school because they have been kicked out of or have left a traditional brick & mortar and they (students' included) don't take the STAR testing that seriously. I have seen some students bubble in whatever answer to the STAR test without even reading it. They just want to be done with the test and to go back home. The curriculum is excellent and you can get a hold of teachers, administration, and counselors in a very timely manner (if they don't answer the phone when you call, your call is returned within a day, if not the the same day). I would highly recommend this school to any parent or child that would like to be taken seriously and has their educational goals firm in place.

Posted June 25, 2011
The K12 curriculum utilized by CAVA is the best I have ever used. I simply cannot recommend this program highly enough. The flexibility offered and excellent teacher support is top notch.

Posted May 16, 2011
As a family we are LOVING this school. I have a 5th grader, 3rd grader and a 1st grader. I can see everyday that my children are learning real world stuff and it is actually sticking. They love the things they are learning about, and I am loving seeing them apply it to the world they live in. We cant wait to see what we will be learning about next year. We love everything about this school. I would recommend anyone to check it out you will not be sorry.

Posted December 04, 2009
I am 15 years old. I love CAVA and would reccommend it to anyone! The teachers are lovely, answer your questions,a nd everything. also the k12 customer support.

California Virtual Academy @ San Joaquin School
2360 Shasta Way, Simi Valley, CA  93065
Last modified California Virtual Academy @ San Joaquin School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12