Simi Valley, CA

Posted September 27, 2013
Loved Atherwood! Both of my children attended there, with my last child just "culminating" from 6th grade this past year. The only complaint I have, is that the comments written in my child's ending report card, although I agreed with them, there was not one positive comment given. I have never had that happen before. I even emailed the 6th grade teacher about it, and was given no response. My child is not a trouble maker, just needs to try harder in the learning department. All the teachers my kids had were awesome and I could ask questions at any time and always received a prompt response. Very involved PTA as well.

Posted September 26, 2013
so far so great! my son just started k here and we love it. I love his teacher Ms. Oliver. Home work is great. I look forward to a great experience and will update my comment by the end of the year.

Posted June 20, 2013
We love Atherwood! Our older son was on the wait list at Vista, and was given a space for second grade. We were initially excited to get a spot at Vista, but realized how wonderful Atherwood has been. We're sad that Mrs. Lewis is retiring after this year, but are very happy with our decision to stay with Atherwood. The teachers and staff are all very caring and wonderful, and you feel like you're a part of a family when you're child is at this school. We give would give Atherwood an A+.

Posted October 15, 2012
Atherwood has been an amazing school for my two boys. We had the opportunity to move to Vista, but didn't want to leave Atherwood. The teachers are amazing. Many spend their own time teaching after school programs. My sons are constantly challenged and their STAR scores show it. This year their API is 911. For those of you reading the below posting, the PTA has changed since that posting. PTA's goal this year is to raise $10,000 in technology and have more family activities. PTA meets on the first Thursday of each month in the library.

Atherwood Elementary School 3

Posted September 04, 2011
My daughter attended Atherwood for one year. It was a very difficult transition initially but by the end of the school year she finally felt like she could survive there. There were MANY problems with bullying and very little action was taken. Although the teacher tried VERY hard to protect her she did have 30 children to manage and obviously could not focus all of her attention on just one. Although I didn't bring it to the principal's attention I felt that it was not a priority for her to manage and discipline children caught bullying. The best thing that the school has going for it is the teachers! They work hard with very little resources and do the best they can. I felt like my daughters teacher gave 110%! The PTA definitely needs a makeover! The primary leaders (Pres, VP, etc.) have formed such a tight clique that outsiders are NOT allowed in. I talked to the President several times offering my assistance in any way possible. I really wanted to be involved in my child's school and education but this PTA President simply brushed me off and said "send me an email and we'll get back to you." After numerous emails and verbal encounters there was no response. VERY DISAPPOINTING!

Atherwood Elementary School 0

Posted April 15, 2010
Beautiful campus, great teachers, wonderful principal. Atherwodd is all around a great school!!!

Atherwood Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2010
The principal is wonderful, the teachers are excellent, my three boys love going there.

Posted February 22, 2010
We have moved many times throughout my 3 daughters elementary school life's and have attended 4 differents elem. schools. This school is the best school we have attended by far! The teachers are truly there to enrich these children and care deeply about their academic lives. Between all of my children, we have had most all of the teachers. Each one is better than the next. Truly a wonderful atmosphere for children.

Posted November 19, 2009
I have to say that yes Atherwood has grown and with that I think they have adapted very strongly.. All three of my daughters have attended Atherwood for all of their elementary years and loved/love it. My oldest is 19 and youngest is 7 in second grade. Its nice to have teachers recognize myself and my girls and ask how their sisters are doing.. Not only that the school cares about the children and the teachers are all wonderful.. On another note I attended Atherwood the first year it opened as a Kindergartener and have seen this school grow from 2 building to what it is now and it is all very positive. Its nice having so many kids go to the same school in the neighborhood.. Keep it up Atherwood Allstars!!

Atherwood Elementary School 2

Posted November 05, 2009

Atherwood Elementary School
2350 East Greensward Street, Simi Valley, CA  93065
Last modified Atherwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atherwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top