Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted August 30, 2015
I have found principal Platt to be approachable and very involved. I love the teachers and the staff as well. Great PTA, and lots of overall parent involvement-which as we all know, makes a big difference too! My daughter has been challenged and has grown so well in spirit as much as scholastically in just the 2 years she has been here. I can already see it is going to be another good year! Go All Star Atherwood and thank you!!!!!!

Atherwood Elementary School 1

Posted August 14, 2015
Very weird and unpleasant principal I was wildness of him reproach on 2 little kids who came to tour the school with their mom. Very tough with no since of houmor.

Posted June 05, 2015
Another great Year! My son just finished first grade. Love his teacher and the office staff. Hope next year is as great!

Posted September 27, 2013
Loved Atherwood! Both of my children attended there, with my last child just "culminating" from 6th grade this past year. The only complaint I have, is that the comments written in my child's ending report card, although I agreed with them, there was not one positive comment given. I have never had that happen before. I even emailed the 6th grade teacher about it, and was given no response. My child is not a trouble maker, just needs to try harder in the learning department. All the teachers my kids had were awesome and I could ask questions at any time and always received a prompt response. Very involved PTA as well.

Posted June 20, 2013
We love Atherwood! Our older son was on the wait list at Vista, and was given a space for second grade. We were initially excited to get a spot at Vista, but realized how wonderful Atherwood has been. We're sad that Mrs. Lewis is retiring after this year, but are very happy with our decision to stay with Atherwood. The teachers and staff are all very caring and wonderful, and you feel like you're a part of a family when you're child is at this school. We give would give Atherwood an A+.

Atherwood Elementary School 1

Posted November 16, 2012
wow words cant explain how terrible my experience at this school was. I noticed from the moment i had walked in the office staff were very unhelpful and very rude. Its very unpleasant knowing they work with kids all day and still have such a negative vibe. The staff is very aggressive with the children and pick favorites. I have witnessed a child's fingers bent back while trying to teach addition. Simi Valley has always seemed to have such amazing schools from experience. Basically this was very shocking to me and i wouldn't recommend this school to any parent planning on enrolling their children to this school.

Posted October 15, 2012
Atherwood has been an amazing school for my two boys. We had the opportunity to move to Vista, but didn't want to leave Atherwood. The teachers are amazing. Many spend their own time teaching after school programs. My sons are constantly challenged and their STAR scores show it. This year their API is 911. For those of you reading the below posting, the PTA has changed since that posting. PTA's goal this year is to raise $10,000 in technology and have more family activities. PTA meets on the first Thursday of each month in the library.

Atherwood Elementary School 3

Posted September 04, 2011
My daughter attended Atherwood for one year. It was a very difficult transition initially but by the end of the school year she finally felt like she could survive there. There were MANY problems with bullying and very little action was taken. Although the teacher tried VERY hard to protect her she did have 30 children to manage and obviously could not focus all of her attention on just one. Although I didn't bring it to the principal's attention I felt that it was not a priority for her to manage and discipline children caught bullying. The best thing that the school has going for it is the teachers! They work hard with very little resources and do the best they can. I felt like my daughters teacher gave 110%! The PTA definitely needs a makeover! The primary leaders (Pres, VP, etc.) have formed such a tight clique that outsiders are NOT allowed in. I talked to the President several times offering my assistance in any way possible. I really wanted to be involved in my child's school and education but this PTA President simply brushed me off and said "send me an email and we'll get back to you." After numerous emails and verbal encounters there was no response. VERY DISAPPOINTING!

Posted April 15, 2010
Beautiful campus, great teachers, wonderful principal. Atherwodd is all around a great school!!!

Posted April 14, 2010
The principal is wonderful, the teachers are excellent, my three boys love going there.

2350 East Greensward Street, Simi Valley, CA  93065-1430
Last modified Atherwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atherwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top