Simi Valley, CA

Posted August 07, 2014
I brought my child here on school of choice after hearing about their innovative teachers. I went on a tour of the school and I was so impressed with the level of thinking that the children were doing. Kids were talking about math when problem solving, analyzing characters, and discussing what a story needed to have - all in FIRST grade. After my daughter completed the year I was so pleased with her growth. The principle is personable, receptive to parent concerns, and is extremely knowledgeable about how children grow and what schools need to do to get them there.

Posted August 07, 2014
The staff welcomes parent involvement, wants to create a family community. Curriculum is innovative, responds to student needs, and is the result of staff development (monthly and during the summer).

Berylwood Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2014
Berylwood is making amazing things happen!!! We have an amazing staff of teachers who go above and beyond for their students. This year we have had great turnouts for Family Reading Nights, Read Across America and school book fairs. We are all working together to create a great place for learning!

Berylwood Elementary School 4

Posted June 13, 2012
Berylwood is a typical California that has been hit by economic cutbacks and overcrowding. Class sizes are large, a majority of the students do not speak English and do not come from English-speaking families, and yet is located in a quiet and secure neighborhood. The teachers are outstanding, the quality of schoolwork and classroom participation is excellent, but the PTA leader needs to go; as contacting parents with Spanish-only fliers and Spanish-only calls is ignorant and absurd.

Posted January 21, 2012
I am writing this review because my daughter is in Jr. Kindergarten at this school. It is an awesome program and I can't recommend it enough. My daughter has blossomed so much and is learning more than I ever expected. I can't judge the rest of the staff or the teachers, but we have had a great year so far. I feel that my daughter is safe and cared for. For parents with kids thinking about Jr.K.........Please don't judge Jr. Kindergarten with all the reweivs you read. The program is truly great!!!

Berylwood Elementary School 1

Posted October 22, 2011
If they didn't ask for ID and gave the wrong child to your husband, you need to report them ... not sure to whom... Child Protective Services? You also need to make an appt. with the principal and tell him/her that you expect change. I would also consider going to the local newspaper with this information. We need to keep our children safe!

Berylwood Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2011
This is my kids first year at this school. Shes been here for a month. Shes one month. The other day they called me saying that my daughter was sick and i needed to go pick her up. My husband went and he signed the release paper ( this was his first time pick her up) they did not ask for an i.d., they didnt check of he was on the emergency list. When they told him to go in the nurses off he realized they were giving him the wrong kid. The little girl was ready to go with him, he told them this is not my daughter. They had no clue what was going on. Its upsetting because u never know if someone can yake a chikd and they will nt even know who there giving the kid to. I was very upset. I will b changing schools.

Posted June 18, 2009
I have 4 children that attended during the 08-09 school year in grades k, 3, 4, and 5. This has been the a great year. Administrators and teachers really care about the students. Two of my children were given extra help through the Title I program and I can tell the difference! I highly recommend Berylwood Elementary.

Posted May 24, 2009
this is the best school i've seen students make good choices and the staff gets the involved in fun learning

Posted December 17, 2008
I have not been happy with this school. The staff in the office are very absentminded.

Berylwood Elementary School
2300 Heywood Street, Simi Valley, CA  93065
Last modified Berylwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berylwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top