Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I am worried because the school is very low on the test scores. I have observed during the years their score is getting worse. They also don't care if a child knows their math, literature, etc. they will pass them to the next grade. Also the school gives certificates to the kids that have had the worst grades throughout the year. The kids that have had good grades throughout the year don't even receive an award of any sort. Also when you want to check your child out the office will not ask for an ID or check to see if your a family member, they will just give you the child.

I brought my child here on school of choice after hearing about their innovative teachers. I went on a tour of the school and I was so impressed with the level of thinking that the children were doing. Kids were talking about math when problem solving, analyzing characters, and discussing what a story needed to have - all in FIRST grade. After my daughter completed the year I was so pleased with her growth. The principle is personable, receptive to parent concerns, and is extremely knowledgeable about how children grow and what schools need to do to get them there.

The staff welcomes parent involvement, wants to create a family community. Curriculum is innovative, responds to student needs, and is the result of staff development (monthly and during the summer).

Berylwood is making amazing things happen!!! We have an amazing staff of teachers who go above and beyond for their students. This year we have had great turnouts for Family Reading Nights, Read Across America and school book fairs. We are all working together to create a great place for learning!

Berylwood is a typical California that has been hit by economic cutbacks and overcrowding. Class sizes are large, a majority of the students do not speak English and do not come from English-speaking families, and yet is located in a quiet and secure neighborhood. The teachers are outstanding, the quality of schoolwork and classroom participation is excellent, but the PTA leader needs to go; as contacting parents with Spanish-only fliers and Spanish-only calls is ignorant and absurd.

I am writing this review because my daughter is in Jr. Kindergarten at this school. It is an awesome program and I can't recommend it enough. My daughter has blossomed so much and is learning more than I ever expected. I can't judge the rest of the staff or the teachers, but we have had a great year so far. I feel that my daughter is safe and cared for. For parents with kids thinking about Jr.K.........Please don't judge Jr. Kindergarten with all the reweivs you read. The program is truly great!!!

If they didn't ask for ID and gave the wrong child to your husband, you need to report them ... not sure to whom... Child Protective Services? You also need to make an appt. with the principal and tell him/her that you expect change. I would also consider going to the local newspaper with this information. We need to keep our children safe!

This is my kids first year at this school. Shes been here for a month. Shes one month. The other day they called me saying that my daughter was sick and i needed to go pick her up. My husband went and he signed the release paper ( this was his first time pick her up) they did not ask for an i.d., they didnt check of he was on the emergency list. When they told him to go in the nurses off he realized they were giving him the wrong kid. The little girl was ready to go with him, he told them this is not my daughter. They had no clue what was going on. Its upsetting because u never know if someone can yake a chikd and they will nt even know who there giving the kid to. I was very upset. I will b changing schools.

I have 4 children that attended during the 08-09 school year in grades k, 3, 4, and 5. This has been the a great year. Administrators and teachers really care about the students. Two of my children were given extra help through the Title I program and I can tell the difference! I highly recommend Berylwood Elementary.

this is the best school i've seen students make good choices and the staff gets the involved in fun learning

Last modified Berylwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.