Simi Valley, CA

Posted August 12, 2015
I have a daughter who is going into 3rd grade and a son entering kindergarten and so far we have been very happy with Hollow Hills. The school keeps changing for the better. Our Principal is involved in what seems all events and the PTA is amazing. All my daughters teachers have been amazing and caring too. I have nothing bad to say.

Posted May 24, 2015
Best school in town . Great teachers and principal . We have had the best experience here for 4 years

Hollow Hills Elementary School 3

Posted January 19, 2015
There are positives about the school. Behavior issues are seemingly handled quickly. I just wish it was a more nurturing environment. Not a lot of warmth here.

Hollow Hills Elementary School 4

Posted August 06, 2014
Can only judge the school on its kindergarten program but we are off to a good start. We are hopeful for great things and look forward to watching the new principal raise the bar for all stakeholders.

Hollow Hills Elementary School 1

Posted April 13, 2014
We are very disappointed all around. Our daughter s teacher was very happy that she was able to lower her standards to Common Core. I expected this school to go above the minimum. The new principal created an environment I do not want my child growing up in. We left for a nurturing, high quality education, and learning friendly environment.

Posted January 12, 2014
Hollow Hills is by far the best school in Simi Valley. My son is only in the 2nd grade and is thriving. Having friends with kids in other schools in Simi I compare the assignments and requirements throughout the school year, other schools don't even come close. Since kindergarten they are taught to be comfortable with public speaking by having an assigned share day with an assigned topic (have to memorize and recite it to the entire class) In first they had to do an oral book report along with a preparing a visual art project that explains the story. The teachers are amazing and always go above and beyond for the students. PTA does wonderful things to help our kids have the materials needed to achieve excellence. I am thankful everyday to have my son attend this school, I know he is going to be a great student now and going forward. Thank you Hollow Hills

Posted January 12, 2014
Great school. Have not had any problems with teachers and or staff. They teach our kids how to succeed in school and life. As parents isn't that what want? Who cares if you can't ware shorts all year long? Before accepting your enrollment to the school they go over the expectations, if you don't feel like it's for you then don't accept, I am thankful everyday to be apart of Hollow Hills and the education my child is getting.

Posted November 20, 2013
Hollow Hills is an excellent school. The PTA is very strong here and fundraise to provide many extras for the students, such as art, music, and new equipment and technology for the classrooms. The parents are very involved working both in the classrooms and behind the scenes. The teachers are the best that Simi Valley has to offer. All the teachers that my two kids have had have prepared them well. My older one attended Hollow Hills from K thru 6th, and she excelled here. Her STAR test scores were superb and her grades could not have possibly been higher. She was well prepared and middle and high school, where she was in all honors classes and continued to thrive due to the solid foundation she received at Hollow Hills. My second child also excelled here and I know she will also have a great advantage when she enters middle school. We have never had any problems. The teachers and students are fantastic. My kids made great friends and had a top notch education. This is definitely the best school in Simi Valley, and I wouldn't want my kids anywhere else.

Posted October 16, 2013
As one of two fundamental schools in Simi Valley, Hollow Hills has extremely active parents and dedicated teachers to work together to educate students. My direct experience has been that the staff is firm, but reasonable about discipline and behavior issues are handled quickly. Teachers are creative and really try to engage students in their lessons. It's a very hands on and nurturing community and there are high expectations in place.

Posted October 04, 2013
I love this school. The teachers work with our students to help them achieve their potential. Because of our teachers actively helping our students to learn, my son almost earned 100% on his STAR test for science. I'm glad our school has a strong PTA, and understands the importance of providing our students with school assemblies on bullying, and other important & fun learning subjects. If it wasn't for our school PTA, our students wouldn't have Art, Music, new PE equipment, and so much more.

Hollow Hills Elementary School
828 Gibson Avenue, Simi Valley, CA  93065
Last modified Hollow Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hollow Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top