Bad
Good

We love attending this school!! The district leaves much to be desired aesthetically but the people here (teachers, students, staff, volunteers and families) make up for that!

Madera is a product of a district that has been poorly lead from the district office. I hope that a change in leadership will reset district priorities. Mr. Hall, the prior principal, and Ms. Palmer the new principal seem like wonderful people, but when principals have such limited authority to actually accomplish anything, and they remain on a campus for only two to three years, it not a surprise how little they can accomplish. The teaching staff has some wonderful teachers, but there are almost an equal number that should be convinced to retire or consider another field of employment. The schools test score reflect the disparity in the teaching quality between staff in the various grade. While the site is well taking care of by its custodian, the facility is poorly maintained by the district. The painted is chipped or peeling off of metal surfaces everywhere, and worn elsewhere, The grass fields are a disaster, pockmarked with gofer holes, growing weeds, and worn from a lack of care. The black top area is in similar condition. The school's technology is simply a disgrace and years behind neighboring district and schools. The Teacher and our students deserve better.

If you don't mind having your child have to navigate around hundreds of gopher holes around the entire campus and kinder playground, have to sit on the concrete for recess snacks as well as AR assemblies, participate in music programs outside in the heat then this is the school for you! We sent our child here for two years and felt like it was a waste of two years. In kinder, our child was left in her classroom by her self during lunch and ran outside the front door which is just a few feet away from the busy traffic of Royal Avenue and anyone who walks on the sidewalk to find her class in the cafeteria. Luckily, she made it to safety. A class mate of hers was sent to the office mistakenly for misbehavior when he wet his pants and no one even in the office noticed for four hours that a boy wet his pants. This is very telling for this school and its staff including the office. We are thoroughly relieved we made the switch!

Madera Elementary has surpassed my expectations. Great school, excellent PTA that has given the school additional valuable programs. Teachers are amazing! Class size is perfect. And there is plenty of staff and parent volunteers on campus so safety and security is definitely in check.

Great School, Awsome teachers! my son has been attending madera since k, now hes going to 4th grade and my other and my other son starting k there too. very happy with their academic.

My grandson has been going to Madera for four years (since kindergarten). I am pleased with his academic progress (I am a retired teacher) . I am also pleased that all of his teachers have been willing to meet with me and keep me appraised of his progress.

We are brand new at this school with a Kindergartner attending. The school has been very receptive to us, answering any questions we may have. The on-site after school care is EXCELLENT. The only reason why I gave four stars and not five - the students need more time at lunch to eat their lunch.

My daughter attended Madera last year for her first year kindergarten. We were very blessed to of had a great teacher MRS. HEDRICK. My daughter thought very highly of her. She learned a lot through the year. She also learned about animals too. I recommend her to any new family's that come to Madera for kindergarten. We miss her dearly :) but the good news is that we can drop by her class and say hello during the school week.

Thanks to Mr. Hall we had a wonderful kindergarten year, my son has an impulsivity disorder which i feared would hinder his progress but the principal was there to support our family every day! We now live on the other side of the city but driving to Madera is so worth it. Mrs. Hedrick was a wonderful teacher who taught my kindergartener to read and more than I knew about animal science! (The class project was to dissect owls pellets and the kids saw duckling eggs hatching during class!) very thankful my son is attending Madera.

We came from a fundamental school to Madera. We have been at the school for the last two years. The same amount of time as the new Principle Mr Hall. It has been a wonderful change. The Principle is very involved he works with you. The teachers have been great. The PTA is over the top. I just wished we started here and not the fundamental school. I would definitely recommend this school.

Last modified Madera Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.