Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted November 17, 2015
We have been at Wood Ranch for the past 4 years. My children love this school and their teachers. The new principal is doing a fabulous job! She is very active and involved in all matters on campus. This school has a very strong PTA and a large amount of parent involvement. I feel fortunate to have my children attend such a great school.

Wood Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted December 19, 2014
I am not impressed with our new principal. Seems much more concerned with being liked and making friends than doing the job given. What happened to professionalism?

Posted April 21, 2014
Wood Ranch is one of the best school in Simi Valley, CA. Strong PTA involvement. Teaching are very structure and organized. My daughter is learning everyday. She loves to be in school and with her friends!

Posted April 20, 2014
Wood Ranch has professional teachers and staff. I have found the principal and administrative staff to be very responsive and efficient in handling my concerns. The Wood Ranch School provides an environment that is conducive with healthy growth in every area of child development and social interaction. We are very pleased to have our son attending.

Posted April 17, 2014
My school is great, the teachers really care about their students . The parents are really involved

Posted August 01, 2013
Great PTA involvement! Teachers and the principal are amazing! My daughter love the school. Teaching are very structure and all the kids are well discipline.

Posted October 25, 2012
Great School ! Both my kids go to this school and love it !! The school is super clean with strong PTA involvement. Each year the PTA raises $20K that goes towards school improvement and educational trips for kids. I have found the teachers to be very suppotive of the students and maintain a great rapport with the parents ! I highly recommend it !!

Wood Ranch Elementary School 1

Posted October 09, 2012
Many lazy teachers at this school. My daughter got very lucky and had wonderful teachers her whole 5 years there. My son on the other hand, not so lucky. The teachers he has had are lazy and expect the parents to teach rather then the teacher. She comes home with homework that is never even gone over in class. Information is given the day before tests and parents are expected to teach them the night before. Also, so many of the teachers are old and do not want to be there anymore and it is obvious in their teaching. PTA asks for money from each of the families but each year does not use it for the kids. No one really knows what happens to this money.

Posted January 06, 2012
My children are students at Wood Ranch Elementary and they are doing fabulous. They are not gate either. They get the attention they need and the teachers stay connected to the parents. This year the school started with a new Principal. Wow am I surprise on how involved she is. She comes to every family event interacts with parents and children to make everyone feel welcome and special. She has an incredible open door policy and take constructive comment seriously. The PTA is very strong with their involvement. They do a phenomenal job at fund-raising and choose to spend wisely for the children. In this day in age finding an incredible public school may be hard but I'm glad to be here at Wood Ranch Elementary for my children's public education.

Wood Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted July 17, 2011
My child went to Wood Ranch a few years ago. I had to pull the child out because of bullying - not from children but from teachers. If your child is a hand in lap, wait your turn type of student, he or she will be fine. If not, our feeling was to have them challenged else where.

Wood Ranch Elementary School
455 Circle Knoll Drive, Simi Valley, CA  93065-0609
Last modified Wood Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.