No rating

St. Rose Of Lima Elementary School

Private | K-8 | 274 students

Living in Simi Valley

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $350,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,670.

Posted April 29, 2014

When you live in a great public school district, a private school has to be incredible to earn your money. Saint Rose of Lima has exceeded our expectations. Our child is challenged academically and is learning to be a productive member of society. The teachers are amazing and show how much they care about the students on a daily basis.

Posted April 28, 2014

What an amazing school! It feels like a family! I proud to be part of the staff as well as a parent of two children in Kinder and 4th. The amount of technology that the students have access to is amazing! Come check us out!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 24, 2014

I am very blessed that I am able to provide my daughter not only with a private education, but a Catholic education as well. In a day and age where public schools do not allow for the word "God" to be used, it is a tough society. I feel secure that St. Rose offers my child a safe, fun and religious environment with supportive lead staff. St. Rose also is very family orientated which has involved me in my child's school life.

Posted April 18, 2014

Saint rose of lima is a very good school to send your children too. Teacher are caring, academic program is great, and from what I can see , all the children really like to be in school.,

Posted April 14, 2014

St Rose serves local homeless and seniors along with providing a foundation of religion. My children attended the other local christian school in town and found St Rose's academic program much more challenging along with providing a separate religion class. Our teachers and staff are great the children. Our school is small in size but great with promise of growing our children into great academic students for high school and beyond.

Posted April 13, 2014

A great school! Academically oriented with advance teaching methods comparing to our public counterpart. There are a lot of homework assignments to keep my daughter busy after school, but still leave enough time for her to enjoy her evening and be a kid. SRL parents and staffs are community oriented, kind, generous, and just very friendly people.

Posted April 13, 2014

I like St. Rose because of the family environment, the close community network, the great teachers and the religious foundation. Mr. Sanders really takes the parents perspective into consideration while balancing the overall needs of the school. The school has provided my children with a solid foundation in Catholicism and educational excellence.

Posted April 12, 2014

A great place for kids to grow and learn. This school has it all. It's recipe for success? Teachers, staff members, a principal and parents whose main goal is to help kids succeed. This, plus a strong faith and family community, equal a great school. Academics are excellent, with highly qualified, enthusiastic teachers who WANT to be there. They employ the latest technology and teaching methods to help kids not only learn, but retain knowledge. They also focus on helping students apply the knowledge they gain. There's a lot of excitement here. You can feel it as you walk around the campus. The kids are happy and love their school. A perfect example of this is the whole-school morning assembly, which includes prayer, flag salute, announcements and birthday celebrations. Such a great thing, and it happens every morning. Check it out for yourself.

Posted April 9, 2014

All four of my children have attended St. Rose... hmm, since 2001... and I have no regrets. The best way to describe my experience is this: Every morning when I drop off our child, my heart leaves my body. It lives in the teachers, staff and Principal of St. Rose. The St. Rose of Lima community is ALL HEART!! This school provides a great education, nurturing, safe environment, with faith-based standards.

Posted February 3, 2014

I wish I had discovered this school sooner! I transferred my child in after having issues at my local public school. I looked at many schools, and this one fits our family perfectly. It's small, it's safe, its academically rigorous, it stresses faith and character, and the teachers and parents are very in tuned with and involved with the students. My daughter is getting an excellent education. The teachers are phenomenal. Well-rounded, with all the extra classes like Spanish, art and music. Great leadership from an involved principal; very impressive. There are a lot of fun family events, so we had no trouble making friends quickly with other parents. My daughter has lots of good friends. The kids are really nice! The faith and character development taught and modeled here are impressive. The older appearance of the buildings is deceiving of the true character of this school; I'm glad we saw past that. Good people, great school.

Posted February 27, 2012

Amazing school. I am an alumni of Saint Rose. First off, let me say that the academic program at Saint Rose is very challenging. I thought it was too much, until I got into High School. Now I have really come to appreciate the curriculum, It made High School much easier. Next, The staff there are amazing, I visit the school every some time, and I always love talking with the teachers., the teachers are very hands-on and have been a huge help in the education process. The extra-curricular programs there are very diverse, and help after school. I know how how it looks from the outside, but looks can be deceiving. I have nothing but good to say about this school and I am glad I went there for 8 years.

Posted February 1, 2012

LOVE THIS SCHOOL! I feel like my kids are with family. St. Rose families (parents and kids) are the best. They really care about each other and are there when you need them. We've been here for 6 years My kids have made many good friends here--kids I actually LIKE having over! Academically excellent school. My kids are getting a great education: math, science, Lang. Arts, social studies, music, art, Spanish, PE. The teachers are wonderful; great at communicating with me & my husband. Each class has a main teacher and a full-time assistant--all credentialed. The principal is upgrading the technology throughout the school and in all classrooms. The teachers all just got iPads and digital projectors. Computer lab is excellent. A new hands-on art program is on the way ( in addition to the current program). Competitive sports are good. Don't be fooled by the plain exterior. This school has it all.

Posted January 25, 2012

It is a pleasure to work with such a wonderul and caring staff. Everyone here takes pride in their work and watches out for everyone. I am blessed to be a part of a team that cares and makes a diffeence in the children's lives.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 24, 2011

Although my children are now in college I felt I should right a review to let parents of elementary children my experience of St. Rose School. The basic fundamentals of education is the bases of any child's career in school. My children both started St. Rose in the first grade. They were molded into good hearted adults and although my son had a rocky start with education the love and patients of the St. Rose teachers taught him to believe in himself, and now both my children are happy well accomplished adults. I would love to thank St. Rose for all that they did to help them on their journey.

Posted June 14, 2011

St. Rose of Lima Catholic School is an advantage for life. Our kids are thriving at St. Rose. The values, character and integrity that is incorporated into the curriculum are key to developing well rounded, productive young adults. St. Rose also provides extra curricular activities such as sports, dance, choir, and much more. There is such a strong sense of community here that provides a safe place of learning. The teachers are available and responsive when needed. Resource teacher available is amazing. The principal is moving forward to make it even more excellent.

Posted February 16, 2011

My two daughters attend St Rose and they love it! Our principal, John Sanders, is great; full of terrific ideas and enthusiasm. Teachers are caring and involved. My husband and I are impressed with the curriculum too. Our kids thrive and excel at St Rose of Lima. The class size allows for them to have several good friends while at the same time avoiding the issues with cliques. Their fellow students are kind and polite.

Posted February 16, 2011

Wonderful School Wonderful Teachers Wonderful Students Wonderful Parents An A+++ School Simi Valley's hidden treasure of schools

Posted February 16, 2011

My two children attend St. Rose and they are happy, bright, and love their school! The school is led by a wonderful principal who puts the children's needs first. The teachers at the school are credentialed, caring and committed to a Catholic education. I am pleased with the curriculum and extra-curricular activities offered to the children. There is something for everyone be it sports, choir, dancing or karate. The environment is friendly and caring and the children feel safe at their school.

Posted February 16, 2011

ST. ROSE ROCKS!!! I have been a very happy parent for the past 8 years and have been blessed with a wonderful sense of community. My children have become better members of this community because of the values taught at St. Rose. It was essential to both my husband and myself that our children attend a school where faith and good citizenship were key. The education they are receiving is preparing them for so much more than just high school. I believe this school has assisted my husband and I in creating caring, kind, compassionate, and educated young people. Hats off to St. Rose!!! Thank you for giving my children a great beginning.

Posted February 16, 2011

Our six children have attended St. Rose of Lima for many years. The school and parrish feel like a second home. The teachers are all very caring and every student is made to feel important. Our new principal is smart, kind, creative and fun! St. Rose is a great place to be!

Ethnicity This school
Black 2%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Arts & music

Music
  • Choir / Chorus

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Mr. John Sanders
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

• Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Los Angeles

Music
  • Choir / Chorus

School culture

• Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1325 Royal Avenue