K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted November 22, 2015
Two of my children have graduated from St. Rose. Both were accepted into private high schools with honors and one even received an academic scholarship. I can honestly say that they were both prepared for high school, as they are both doing well (at different schools!). They are also good people who care about others. And they tell me that some of their closest friends are still their St. Rose buddies. They have many fond memories of their school and still like to go to some of the school events and visit with their past teachers. Thank you, St. Rose, for helping my kids do great things! What a fantastic foundation for success.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 31, 2015
These are some of the most dedicated teachers I have ever come across. They get excited about their lessons and are constantly coming up with new ideas to engage students. My kids love their teachers!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 31, 2015
Teachers are actually limited in the amount of homework they can assign. I really like this, as it gives my kids a chance to relax, have family time and play sports. They spend enough time learning during school!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted October 31, 2015
This is a main foundation of what is taught at St. Rose. Students are very respectful of teachers and each other.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 31, 2015
Families, students and staff members in need are strongly supported by the school community. A few years ago, a student had cancer, and the outpouring of love and compassion was wonderful.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 31, 2015
Student Learning Expectations are a huge focus here, especially character development. Students are guided to be helpful, law abiding citizens and leaders.

Posted October 31, 2015
In response to the last reviewer, I cannot disagree more. First of all, Mr. Sanders is well-loved by students, staff, and families. The biggest reason for this is because he is very in touch with the individual students and always puts the students' needs first. He has made lots of changes in the school, which makes some people uncomfortable. But the changes have greatly improved the school on so many levels. This school is making so many strides in the right direction, and this is apparent the minute you walk on campus. The best way to find out about a school is to talk with the students, and the kids here love their school. Just ask them. The academics are excellent, and the teachers are so dedicated and caring. They truly want to be here. The students become lifelong friends and are very supportive of each other. The extracurriculars just keep getting better. Robotics for all grades, a full range of athletics (including surfing!), drums, guitar and piano, choir, and lots of fun classes like Jedi Training, Young Doctors and Mathemagic! I know no school is perfect, but this one comes pretty darned close! I feel great every day when I send my kids off to school. They are happy, well adjusted and challenged to do their best. What more can a patent ask for? And when I see alumni come back to the campus on a regular basis, that's a good sign. They regularly visit and volunteer here. So do yourself a favor and check out the school for yourself. It's been an amazing family community for my family. I am truly grateful that St. Rose is right in my neighborhood.

St. Rose Of Lima Elementary School 1

Posted March 24, 2015
If you have just moved here, I highly suggest that you do NOT send your child here. I used to be a student here, but when Principal Sanders came in, it went downhill. My friends and I were bullied constantly, and when our parents wrote the principal to figure out what was going on, we never got a response. My grades began to drop horrendously fast due to this issue. The people who bullied us were usually the children of people who helped the school, so they never got caught. Favoritism is common, and they care more about social status than academics. If you are considering sending your child here, I highly suggest you reconsider.

Posted December 09, 2014
We love this school! My kids have been here for six years, and the school keeps getting better each year. The staff and programs are top notch. The 1:1 iPad program has worked wonders for my kids' enthusiasm in class and with homework, and the technology has actually helped their grades! They can watch tutorial videos (so I don't have to remember how to do the math!) and self test through apps, and they actually LIKE to study (well, most of the time). The teachers are enthusiastic and PRESENT, and they make the learning process fun and interactive. The character/moral development is a great basis that my kids will be able to use and build upon once they are out in the world. I have watched my children blossom into caring, responsible young people who are already showing strong leadership abilities. The athletic program is growing tremendously, and is going in a great direction. The family community is very supportive and warm, and my kids and I have lots of "forever friends" here. This is more important than I ever imagined. This is a perfect "jumping off point" for a promising academic and social future for kids. They are definitely ready to succeed when they leave St. Rose.

Posted April 29, 2014
When you live in a great public school district, a private school has to be incredible to earn your money. Saint Rose of Lima has exceeded our expectations. Our child is challenged academically and is learning to be a productive member of society. The teachers are amazing and show how much they care about the students on a daily basis.

1325 Royal Avenue, Simi Valley, CA  93065
Last modified St. Rose Of Lima Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Rose Of Lima Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top