Solana Beach, CA

Posted June 05, 2014
We moved to Solana Beach in July 2013 and had previously been at Solana Highlands . I can't say enough about this school , my son wasn't ever made to feel like the NEW kid he was welcomed with open arms and immediately given the extra help he needed . His Teacher Mrs . Strickland is the most enthusiastic , positive , and encouraging he has EVER had !! The Principle Mrs Platt is excellent , has a great repoire with parents , students and staff . I love all the parent involvement and friendly community feel . We are moving to the EAST coast and I am so happy to have had such a surprisingly GREAT year at Solana Vista !!

Posted June 05, 2013
The entire Solana Vista organization is engaged. I have yet to meet a teacher I would prefer my child avoid. This school is very well run and its efficiency is significantly aided by volunteerism provided by the parents. Be prepared to get involved your children are the benefeciairies.

Posted August 24, 2012
safety (as far as kidnapping) has NEVER been a concern of Solana Vista. This is a very small, tight knit community where everyone knows all the kids. The parents, principal, and teachers are extremely involved and we all look out for each others children. Some teachers DON'T believe in giving tons of homework, while some do. The teacher and principal seem to know how to match up each child with the "right" teacher. Every teacher is different, has their own style. And at Solana Vista, ALL the teachers are amazing. They challenge their students and encourage them to use their brains and make good choices. My 2 children are now in 1st grade and 3rd grade there. They both score high in the "advance" section of their test scores... that isn't because of homework that has been shoved down their throats, that is because the teachers create a nurturing, learning environment where the kids WANT to learn. SV is one of the best schools around. It's like a private school, but it's public! Just be ready to volunteer and pitch in!

Solana Vista Elementary School 3

Posted September 15, 2011
About SOLANA VISTA ELEMENTARY. Very concerned about safety of kids at pick up and drop off. I feel there is not enough security and anyone could come in and grab my kids and nobody would notice. Its just not structured at all. Teachers bring all kids out and they all get mixed up and its very hard for teachers to keep track of who is coming and going. Teachers do their best but coming from Sycamore Ridge in Carmel Valley security has just no comparison. My son is a first grader and now going into 3rd week of class he has had zero homework. Just not very impressed and really thinking about going private, since we love Solana beach and don't want to move out.

Posted May 27, 2011
We love Solana Vista. Great teachers. Super involved and dedicated parents. Happy kids. We are glad to be in a school in our neighborhood -- playdates abound closeby.

Posted June 03, 2010
I am very pleased with this school having transferred from Del Mar Hills. My daughter has been very stimulated in her class and her teacher, Ms. Cooper, who is unfortunately retiring this year, has been phenomenal.

Posted January 10, 2008
One of the best schools in the area. All staff from the Principal down are warm and caring. The level of involvement and interest of the Teachers and parents in each child's education is unparalleled. The community and school are top-notch.

Posted August 22, 2007

Solana Vista Elementary School 0

Posted July 21, 2007
Best school overall. Warm and inviting for students and parents! Great staff, the most dedicated teachers that you could find anywhere! I wouldn't want my children to go to any other school in San Diego.

Posted October 01, 2005
This is a great school in a great community. The high level of academics is enhanced by several extra-curricular and enrichment programs. What immediately stands out is the level of parent participation and support--I've never seen anything like it. For such an affluent community, I was pleased to see the ethnic and cultural diversity that exists in the parent/student population. A great place to send your child!

Solana Vista Elementary School
780 Santa Victoria Avenue, Solana Beach, CA  92075
Last modified Solana Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Solana Vista Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top