Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted January 26, 2016
My child has been at this school since Kindergarten, she is now an 8th grader. The school is awesome! All staff are caring, polite and respectful to kids and their parents. The school is small and everyone seems to know each other. I was looking for reviews for high school and I happen to come across Mesa. I was shocked to see the negative reviews. I personally find the teachers amazing, kids are challenged to their ability. Teachers provide tutoring when needed. Children get individual attention. This school provides music and art, which are a great learning tool. I love this school and all of its staff!

Posted January 13, 2016
My three children attend/attended Mesa since 2005 and I am very pleased with the education they have gained from most, if not all of their teachers. My husband and I were very much involved with their academics. It s a smaller populated school so the sports program isn't at it's finest, but overall I have no regrets about sending all three of my children to Mesa Union. ~Marilyn C. Munoz

Mesa Elementary School 1

Posted April 13, 2015
My daughter goes here and wish I thought twice about taking her. All the school does is ask for donations and the staff is very rude. Hours are shorter and no after school program if a child needs extra help. Very disappointed.

Mesa Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2014
This school is horrible and wish I would thought twice about sending my child here. The faculty and staff aren't very good in their jobs, and they are very rude. The teachers do their jobs horribly. The only teacher that I liked was Mrs. Joann Dwork. I didn't like this school at all and neither did my son. Also, the school is always begging for donations because they would spend their money on things we don't need at all, then start coming to the parents for money. I'm sick of this school and wish my son never attended to this horrific school.

Posted January 15, 2014
My child has been at Mesa since kindergarden and is now in 6th grade. Tested for gate early on and is doing quite well. I rarely donate money to the school and believe that teachers decide who gets tested for gate, not who donates money. From the janitors to the staff, you can't go wrong with this school.

Posted September 06, 2013
Mesa is such a wonderful school! I would recommend mesa to anyone. The staff is amazing...so devoted and caring. They treat each student individually and don't just lump them all together and push them on like some schools. Also mesa is a beautiful school and people are proud to be a part of it.

Mesa Elementary School 2

Posted July 23, 2013
I don't like this school. Teachers are not very nice. Only the more privileged children or children of volunteers seem to be 'invited' to test for GATE.It should be based on test scores not how much money you contribute to this one school district that is always begging for money and donations. Office staff very rude and not very prepared to help parents.

Posted June 03, 2008
This is one of the best public schools I have ever been involved with. It is a wonderful mix of kids and teachers that are respectful and focused on learning and teaching. If your child is in this school district, consider yourself lucky. There truly is not a better school around.

Mesa Elementary School 3

Posted March 05, 2008
The school seems to be more crowded the last couple of years.They have had to add mixed classes.The office staff is rude.Some of the parents are snobby for no reason.If I had another choice in my area I would reconsider sending my child here.Only the more privileged children or children of volunteers seem to be 'invited' to test for GATE.It should be based on test scores not how much money you contribute to this one school district that is always begging for money and donations.

Posted September 01, 2006
We're incredibly happy with Mesa Union. The caring teachers are of the highest caliber and the curriculum is wonderful. The students are challenged and the school sponsor's many extra-curricular activities. The small size of the school is perfect for families looking for an atmosphere that truly is conducive to learning.

Mesa Elementary School
3901 North Mesa School Road, Somis, CA  93066-9734
Last modified Mesa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.