Posted April 09, 2014
I actually went to this middle school and I can honestly say they prepared me far too well for high school. I was prepared so well that when I went into high school I was so advanced; however, I think it was just that the high school I went to was a terrible school. I loved that Shively provided many programs for help and every teacher was more than willing to help you after hours. A shout out to the following for excelling in their expectations as a teacher: Ms. Layne, Ms. Tran, Ms. Ryder (ESP MS. RYDER! She's hard on you but you grow to love her), Mr. Moreno (taught me about health and kept me in awesome shape), and I cannot forget about Ms. Garica. Great teachers in New Temple would be Ms. Woods, Ms. Cowell, and Ms. K (BEST TEACHER EVER!). Do not take your children to South El Monte High School. My first two years there, I got lazy because teachers were not strict enough and did not provide ANY rigorous lessons. The best teachers there would be the following: Mr. Besocke (no longer there since my JR year), Mr. Wilke, Mr. Castillo, Ms. Saucedo, Mr. Reyna, Mr. Kitter, Mrs. Casillas, Mr. Clark, and Mr. McGinnis.

Dean L. Shively School 3

Posted March 15, 2014
So far i think this school is great just there should be way better food though everything is great 3 more years to ggo in this school so i dont want them to be bad but i know they wont

Posted January 16, 2014
I love attending this school! There are relly nice teachers and they help you in anything you need. This year i am going to graduate. After 5 years of being in this school, I always loved all my teachers and visit them every once in a while and tell tjem thank you very much for what they did and teach me. They try their best for students to understand the lesson, topic, or standard needed to pass the CST (California State Test)! If you are looking for an excellent educational school, then Dean L. Shively Middle School is a perfect choice! THANKS DEAN L. SHIVELY!!! I WILL ALWAYS MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Posted September 08, 2013
This is a great school I went to school and know my kids go here to lots of peers that went to this school have their kids in this school also those parents that say that their is know lockers what do kids need lookers for, for them to hide things in their that the should not. What do they need an auditorium for that's just a waste of space and money. They do have a cafeteria but why do you want kids inside all the time they need fresh air and they have shade were they eat at. Ya they could improve on their food but if the parents including me that don't like the food their than get involve in the PTO, go to the school board meetings and speak up.Overall I love this school and new temple lots of homework very strick, very involved teachers, great principal.

Posted July 25, 2013
I went here nearly a decade ago, and my last sibling is going through the district. I remember it as having developed a fantastic foundation that has more than prepared me for high school. Lots of work, but I spent more time on homework in middle school than high school, making it breeze as I got older. Yes, there is no gym and eating inside the cafeteria is rare, but why do you need one? It's California and fresh air/sunlight is great! I want to be able to remember a childhood unrestricted by walls as much as possible. Their playground is huge. The amount of space for running around as a kid was more than enough to keep me happy. Many of the friendships I had back in Shively are still maintained to this day. And lastly, I have since met several people from different backgrounds. When describing our childhoods, the experience I had at Shively was always a point of envy.

Posted July 17, 2012
Shively is one of the best schools in the the city. I have seen many generations go through this school and I am proud to say they are doing great. SInce the Valle Lindo school district consists of only 2 schools, it makes their dedication to the kids greater!

Posted November 05, 2010
Best School in the area and one of the best in California. I am a graduate at Shively and on my way to college. I would recommend it to anybody looking for a great school. The teachers are amazing and very helpful. The whole atmosphere of the school is extremely friendly. Learned a lot about working together with other people, we were like one big family.

Posted January 31, 2010

Dean L. Shively School 4

Posted August 26, 2009

Dean L. Shively School 2

Posted August 09, 2009

Dean L. Shively School
1431 North Central Avenue, South El Monte, CA  91733
Last modified Dean L. Shively School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dean L. Shively School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top