Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

South Gate Senior High School 4

Posted August 16, 2013
My school is South Gate High School and I truly think that there is an outstanding caliber of teachers in this school. While a lot of the students are not that great academic wise, the teachers are always there to help them out. Not to forget the small bunch of students whom are always willing to push above and beyond to better themselves and in the process end up boosting the school's reputation. The principal is amazing and I would argue, one of the best principals in L.A.U.S.D.

Posted August 01, 2012
I graduated from this school this year, and I thought my 4 years at South Gate were amazing. It's what you make of it. I am going to attend UCI, and from what a I know, a lot of students are going to UCs and Ivy Leagues as well. The valedictorian went to Brown University. I don't think bad schools produce students like this. The athletic department is lacking funding, but that's LAUSD's fault. Overall, definitely not a bad school. It just has a bad reputation.

Posted January 06, 2012
I love this school, they do care about our students. They offered workshops on financial aid. colleges, etc. They call home or email us reminding us about an event, if our kids have been absent, or a call just telling us our kids did good in that class. I have two boys in this high school one is in honor classes and my oldest in ap classes. The school also take our children to different universities like USC, UCLA, etc. to motivate them. Love this school

South Gate Senior High School 1

Posted September 27, 2010
this school was not for me...the kids are bad and druggies...i was even scared of going to schoool...and i wasnt even enrolled in that school..but i have visited and gone to the classes and its really bad..people were even eating and texting infront of the teachers..its like hello stop them whats going..well i dont know but dont take them here go to south east..im there now and its awsome trust me parents im in honors in all my classes and im in 9th grade

Posted May 18, 2010
one of the best schools ever and the new principle is very good and the test scores have been improving year by year

Posted April 21, 2010
south gate is one of the worst schools i know. drug problems and bad behaviors al around the campus. it's a really bad high school to submit your child in.

Posted April 07, 2010
This is the best school in the whole LAUSD. Th Business and techonology academy is the best, no mention we have the best councelor and the best lead teacher. All teachers have prepared me for any challenge.

Posted December 08, 2009
South Gate High is a very good school that provides my child with the education he needs

Posted September 16, 2009
A great set of honor's teachers who really care about their students!

South Gate Senior High School 2

Posted October 17, 2008
I graduated in 04', back then the administration seemed to offer core quality academics, however, only to AP students. They offered us some of the best teachers, numerous clubs, even a college center with a wonderful attentive counselor. But most of all, they challenged us, they expected us to succeed. Unfortunately, they did not do the same for the 'average' kids. Now, it is extremely dissapointing to see that they are no longer offering these services to the AP kids as well. Even though they provide textbooks, they don't provide demanding/ excellent teachers. Nor challenging classes. The school seems to be worse, tagging, old infrastructre, and overcrowded!! Imagine what kind of environment are the kids surrounded by? If they no longer provide academic opportunities to AP kids, what can they provide to the so called average kids?

3351 Firestone Boulevard, South Gate, CA  90280-2937
Last modified South Gate Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Gate Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top