South Lake Tahoe, CA

Posted June 20, 2014
We moved here a year ago and our daughter started kinder at Sierra House. I was hesitant to move because my daughter had been accepted to a couple 'hard to get into' highly regarded and high achieving schools that are piloted after in L.A. BUT, after our first school year at Sierra House, I have to say I couldn't be more pleased that we are here. I attribute this wonderful school's success starting with the leadership of the most dedicated principal around. I'm in awe at Principal Galles' commitment to each and every student (who greets each child by name each day!), to the fine teaching staff who together contribute to the educational excellence of each and every student which is inspiring. Sierra House is nurturing, academically challenging, and a delightful school. I have nothing but positive things to say about this amazing gem in the forest! This school is top notch-thanks to the principal, the front office staff, the most dedicated teachers, the amazing PTA, the janitorial staff, and the wonderfully active, volunteer parents. Kids are provided with all the tools needed to thrive educationally, emotionally, and socially. Thanks Sierra House!!

Posted July 23, 2013
We moved here almost a year ago and enrolled our daughter at Sierra House. Her previous school had 37 children in the class. At Sierra House her class had 22 children in her class including her with a teacher and student teacher. My husband and I could not be happier with this school. The teachers are passionate about their students and really help them as an individual to grow and excel. Our daughter has gained such confidence at this school. Their principal is very active and the children adore him! This school gives many incentives and awards to their students and takes the time to really see each child's needs and improvements. We are so happy to have our middle child attend kindergarten at Sierra House this coming year. We're proud to be a part of this school!!

Posted February 14, 2012
It is a great thing when you children say "Thank you for putting me at Sierra House" the whole year! A great school to send your children!

Posted May 17, 2011
Very solid education at Sierra House with a focus on the whole family and not just academics. There are multiple opportunities for enrichment, art and music which are primarily volunteer run.

Posted May 08, 2010
Sierra House has a 30 year history of strong parent involvement and student achievement. Even as the student body has changed to over 50% free and reduced lunch and non-native english speakers, the test scores remain outstanding (just take the time to look at the subgroups). The principal clearly loves the kids and comands his staff's respect. The staff is motivated and skilled. My kids couldn't have a better elementary experience.

Posted July 26, 2003
- a former student

Sierra House Elementary School
1709 Remington Trail, South Lake Tahoe, CA  96150
Last modified Sierra House Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierra House Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top