South Pasadena, CA

Posted January 28, 2014
My child attended the Pre-K program at Marengo and is currently in Kinder. We have had the best experience at the school. Great teachers that teach the students to love learning. Parent involvement is expected and it's what drives many of the great programs at the school, such as science night, talent show & holiday program. There is a no homework policy for kinder, but I have been told that students workload does get heavy past 1st. Like I mentioned parent involvement is expected and in my opinion one of the keys to the success of the school.

Posted November 19, 2013
My child started kindergarten at Marengo in the fall. We had our doubts because it is a public school education and had heard horror stories about the budget cuts, etc. We are happy to report that Marengo is AWESOME! My child comes home so happy from his fun-filled day at school. The teachers are incredibly caring, the parents are super involved (and incredibly smart and accomplished), and the campus and classrooms are beautiful. We love living in South Pasadena and we love our schools!

Marengo Elementary School 1

Posted September 10, 2013
I am very disapointed in this school, I move my child here from Montery Hills and I regret it. My son is in K and I was already call into a meeting with my sons teacher. It was a horrible meeting, not one possitive thing to say about my son and ontop of that I was told he mite need speech therapy and maybe special education. I left the meeting crying. The teacher was very serious and heartless about the whole cituation. But the worst part is that for some reason I felt discriminated, I can't explain it but almost as if both teachers look down on me. I am going to wait a little longer before I report the cituation and not only to the principle but to all higher authority. i never want another parent to feel the way I did.

Posted February 21, 2013
Coming from a school that parents have little involvement in their childrens' education to Marengo is simply a blessing. It is evident that the children here are successful because the parents care about their success. Also, the principal is very involved, she even started a book club to help parents improve their relationship with their children. If every school in the US had as much parent involvement as they do here there would be no need for private schools.

Posted November 03, 2011
Best for your kid. Nuf said. Teachers care. Kids get attention. You will be surprised by the progress your kid will make. Public school that would beat most private ones. Very-very recommended.

Posted July 28, 2011
Marengo has a beautiful campus, caring parents that help in most all classrooms each day and a caring, sensitive and devoted staff and teachers that help each child to fulfill their educational dreams.

Marengo Elementary School 0

Posted October 20, 2010
Great diversity of bright, and energetic kids; supported by interested and interesting parents and the progressive community of South Pas

Marengo Elementary School 0

Posted October 17, 2010
The parents at the school are very involved. The Current principal was a teacher for years and is doing a great job because she really knows kids, and her experience as a educator is helping her work with the teaching staff equally well. The fiscal cuts from the past few years have been elegantly dealt with and both the administration and the PTA have filled in many blanks left by the cuts. The children genuinely like going to school and have fun.

Marengo Elementary School 1

Posted December 03, 2009

Marengo Elementary School 4

Posted October 10, 2009

Marengo Elementary School
1400 Marengo Avenue, South Pasadena, CA  91030
Last modified Marengo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marengo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top