Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My kids loves this school and has been learning a lot from their teachers. Great and safe neighborhood.

The best part of this school are the Teachers! They're truly dedicated and seem to truly enjoy what they do. I've been a parent at MHS for a few years now, and have noticed improvements each year. The curriculum is strong, but not at all over powering. My kids had numerous educational field trips, as well as, a great number of speakers who came to the school to advise our kids. The Principle is involved in most activities at school, and encourages parents and students every single week, at an outdoor assembly; which in my opinion keeps parents in the loop, and motivates student achievement. I see great things happening here, & I'm a proud parent, Thank You Monterey Hills School for your efforts!

This school is amazing. We were a new family to the area, actually to the country, and Monterey Hills opened her arm to my daughter at her most challenging time. She had been taken good care both academically and emotionally. I am appreciating all teachers and volunteers who contribute to this school, where made my daughter had such a happy year. i could see and feel my daughter's improvement in an amazing way everyday, and also could tell easily that she is not the only one happy about everything. The office is well organised and the school being interactive good way with families. Parents here are also very caring and glad to contribute. PTA is running well through school district. I want to say a big thank you for Mrs Klozle, Mrs Lam about your hard work.

My daughter will be entering 4th grade in the fall. In her years at MHS (she started in kinder), she has been blissfully happy--she is always sad to see the year end. She loves her teachers and feels very much a part of the school. I do think, at times, the homework load is a bit much and not all that helpful to students long-term. This is a very minor complaint, though, and I think partially influenced by parents who think their kids should have lots of homework. In addition to caring, professional teachers, my daughter has had great experiences with other staff--the computer teacher, librarian, custodians, and others. The PTA is VERY involved and gives ample opportunity for parents to participate, and they've also had some parent-education-type meetings. Finally, the location in the hills and with some trees does make us seem further away from the noise.

Awful administration. This is not a good school. Teachers and staff are rude. Worst school

The school is great, but I agree with the review below. The afterschool program needs to be addressed. the staff in unprofessional, lucking of proper education.

My two children attend Monterey Hills and are, for the most part, pretty happy. I do however, have two complaints about this school. The first issue for me are some of the Kindergarten teachers. I have personally witnessed a couple of them being rather harsh with the students in their care. The manner in which I have seen and heard them speak to the students is pretty mean-spirited and they just don't convey happiness. I don't know why that is. They seem unhappy and/or overwhelmed at times and it's pretty obvious that perhaps they do not enjoy their job as much as you would hope. Also, the office personnel are not very friendly or particularly helpful. They just don't go that extra step to be helpful in a nice way. I plan on speaking with the Principal of the school soon so bring my observances to her attention.

This comment to remove September 25, 2011 comment regarding only one Special Day Class for the District...

Great teachers and staff that have genuine interest and pride in the school.

Monterey Hills deserves a 10, not a 9. They're teachers genuinely love to teach and the neighborhood is very safe and upscale. My kids developed strong study habits here are a young age.

Last modified Monterey Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.