Posted April 04, 2014
The pre school is quite nice and the teachers are caring and lovely. The NPS side is more like a prison, and my five year old son suffered injuries at the hand of a teacher. They treat small children like inmates and suspects and the emotional damage to my son is huge.

Posted March 04, 2014
This school is noisy and inconsiderate to it's surrounding neighbors. Car alarms go off daily for hours on end, the seemingly infinite number of busses alarm everyone in a 3 miles radius every time they go in reverse which is all day apparently. I hear children screaming and yelling at each other for hours and I've even heard them yelling in pain for help with no response for over 30 minutes. I've heard workers in the parking lot cursing to each other like they aren't at a school for children. I live right down the street and I would NEVER let my kids attend this school. It should be shut down and used for something else and that could very well happen when I'm forced to call the police one of these days.

Institute For The Redesign Of Learning, Almansor Academy 3

Posted February 10, 2013
My son has progressed at this school where the early education/preschool program stands completely apart from the k thru 6, which serves the autistic population (in addition to other learning disorders). Because my 4 year old is the younger sibling of my older son (who has an autism diagnosis) and therefore at risk, I felt he was in need of early intervention. More specifically, speech/language delays and behavioral issues needed to be addressed. I would love to say that the teachers were well equipped in handling all the (more issues began to present themselves with time) behaviors and/or deficiencies. However, this was not the case and I found myself having to consistently alert the staff to problematic areas. But slowly yet surely, my son has made progress. The staff does care and interventions do take place if the parent is persistent. This has been my experience, at least. As far as socialization and peer interaction, this program was ideal for a child like mine. It has a perfect mixed combination of typical kids and kids with various learning delays. I love this aspect. And I do love the school....after all, my son loves it. Can't ask for more than that.

Institute For The Redesign Of Learning, Almansor Academy 4

Posted July 29, 2012
Solid, caring school. They serve students who have struggled in the past, but kids make great progress

Institute For The Redesign Of Learning, Almansor Academy 4

Posted April 12, 2010
Solid school with great teachers. Facilities are dated but do not judge the school on these

Institute For The Redesign Of Learning, Almansor Academy 2

Posted February 27, 2008

Posted November 27, 2007

Institute For The Redesign Of Learning, Almansor Academy
1955 Fremont Avenue, South Pasadena, CA  91030
Last modified Institute For The Redesign Of Learning, Almansor Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Institute For The Redesign Of Learning, Almansor Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top