South San Francisco, CA

Posted April 09, 2014
If I could give this school a 0 out of 10. I WOULD. I went to that school for 2 and a half years, and my last year second semester I transferred to westburough middle school. Granted I had bullying issues through elementary, it was the WORST at alta Loma. And whenever I took it to the office. They wanted no part of it. Too me, they are all lazy, and the teachers/staff are no use. In 8th grade when the bullying got to it's worst the cops got involved, and the school TALKED the cops into saying everything was my fault! The school admitted to doing nothing to help me because they were "lazy." I left that school with PTSD, severe depression, and high anxiety in all aspects. I do not recommend this school to anyone!!!! If I could continue on with everything that school put me through, I'd never end. Now I am a sophomore at elcamino highschool, and although things aren't as severe my past at ALMS haunts me. Sorry, not sorry.

Posted January 11, 2014
Principal prefers fundraisers people and because of that he ignores their bad behavior. It's sad and wrong to let people like that being involve with children education. This is the beginning of ALMS problems!

Alta Loma Middle School 3

Posted October 22, 2013
I am an 8th grader at Alta Loma Middle School. I have to say, this school isnt really bad. I mean like, yes we have a ridiculous dress code but hey, you save a lot of money. The teachers there are great, some bad. Also I think so far the past two years ive been here the school has supported me a lot. They didnt expose me from this school after all the stress and stuff i put the staff in. Honestly this is the school for your child.

Posted April 05, 2013
I am currently an 8th grader at Alta Loma. This school is terrible the students here are out of control, which is fun for some students, but it bad for students in classes who want to learn. The students here lack spirit or pride in this school, and it is basically seen as a jail. Some of the teachers here are quite terrible, and Alta Loma is known for hiring terrible teachers, and then not firing them. Their are some decent teachers here, but the cIasses are so full students do not receive enough one on one help. I would not recommend this school to a student who wants to get a good education, but for a student who just wants to mess around, Alta Loma is the school for them

Alta Loma Middle School 5

Posted November 04, 2012
My daughter got a top quality education at this middle school. Sure there were days she complained about the uniform or that she felt like she had a lot of homework, but that's normal stuff. In the end I'm impressed with all the knowledge she gained and also I can see that wearing the uniform taught her to carry herself & to dress herself respectfully. Now she's in high school with excellent grades, has grown in her self-confidence & is wearing clothes appropriate for a young lady. If you want your son or daughter to have a good education and to learn self-esteem, you'll be happy with ALMS. Kids might complain, they always do, but this is one of the best schools around!

Posted July 19, 2011
Thank God my daughter is out of that place. The principal is horrible, the security guard yells at the kids through a bullhorn and the uniform rule is ridiculous. They treat the kids more like inmates rather than students, then as a parent when you confront them on issues they either avoid you or pass the buck. I give one star for the sports program which I think is actually run by the SSF Rec. department

Alta Loma Middle School 2

Posted May 28, 2011
i have gone to ALMS for my 6th 7th and now promoting from my 8th grade year.But the school doesn't let everyone " Walk stage" meaning that if you receive a F in Math or Language Arts you are ineligible to cross stage! this year 60+ kids are not crossing due to being put into algebra classes without the mathematical knowledge. Think about it is it the student, teacher, school, or the district's policies? on top of not being able to cross stage the school takes away the ability to enjoy the 8th grade dinner and dance, great america, and you are seated in a room while the rest of the students practice for promotion. I believe this is really unfair and cruel. I can see the school take some of the acticities like great america and the dance to students who do not even try to raise there grades up in the WEEK'S notice the counseling office gives kids in Danger of failing. Crossing Stage should not even count AS AN ACTIVITY. Don't let your children feel like they didn't acieve something. Thats how the 60+ kids feel like we haven't done anything for the past three years. I hope you consider this. THANK YOU

Alta Loma Middle School 4

Posted March 21, 2011
I am a student at Alta Loma and now graduating from there this year. This school has had goo and bad times. I think it's some of the students that go here that show how bad the school is. Although last year 7th grade alone got 12 expulsions, I still believe this is a good school. They have teachers that are good and bad, and students who really have problems. All in all, Alta Loma isn't too bad.

Alta Loma Middle School 3

Posted January 10, 2011
My daughter is now in the 8th grade here and has had hard times with teachers and students. But also good times, she has has a great language arts teacher who seems to give her inspiration. But to tell you the truth I think that most of the teachers here are ''gossip queens'' and talk about their students to much even to their own students! (Thats what my daughter tells me). Plus some of the kids that go there are bullies (what my daughter tells me) and they are still accepted there after so many referals! And I just can't wait until my daughter graduates from this place! Think twice before you send your kid here becuase I think this school and their staff need to grow up and be mature.

Posted March 27, 2010
I withdrew my child from Alta Loma because they showed an *R* rated movie without parental permission and they told me there was no 'rule' in the teacher handbook which stated what types of movies they can or cannot have children view.

Alta Loma Middle School
116 Romney Avenue, South San Francisco, CA  94080
Last modified Alta Loma Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alta Loma Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top