South San Francisco, CA

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 04, 2015
Most of them don't have a passion for teaching. This is obviously necessary. They don't put much effort in their job

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted June 04, 2015
They don't really care if we pass or not. Their greedy and should help they school get better kids

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 04, 2015
THEY ONLY RESPECT THE ONES THEY LIKE. They treat other student differently and have different consequences for them.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 04, 2015
they don't care about us. They just don't. They need to find better teachers who enjoy teaching kids

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 04, 2015
Their realyyyy lazy and they need to work more on becoming a better school. I highly DONT RECOMEND THIS SCHOOL. DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN.

Posted April 09, 2014
If I could give this school a 0 out of 10. I WOULD. I went to that school for 2 and a half years, and my last year second semester I transferred to westburough middle school. Granted I had bullying issues through elementary, it was the WORST at alta Loma. And whenever I took it to the office. They wanted no part of it. Too me, they are all lazy, and the teachers/staff are no use. In 8th grade when the bullying got to it's worst the cops got involved, and the school TALKED the cops into saying everything was my fault! The school admitted to doing nothing to help me because they were "lazy." I left that school with PTSD, severe depression, and high anxiety in all aspects. I do not recommend this school to anyone!!!! If I could continue on with everything that school put me through, I'd never end. Now I am a sophomore at elcamino highschool, and although things aren't as severe my past at ALMS haunts me. Sorry, not sorry.

Posted January 11, 2014
Principal prefers fundraisers people and because of that he ignores their bad behavior. It's sad and wrong to let people like that being involve with children education. This is the beginning of ALMS problems!

Alta Loma Middle School 3

Posted October 22, 2013
I am an 8th grader at Alta Loma Middle School. I have to say, this school isnt really bad. I mean like, yes we have a ridiculous dress code but hey, you save a lot of money. The teachers there are great, some bad. Also I think so far the past two years ive been here the school has supported me a lot. They didnt expose me from this school after all the stress and stuff i put the staff in. Honestly this is the school for your child.

Posted April 05, 2013
I am currently an 8th grader at Alta Loma. This school is terrible the students here are out of control, which is fun for some students, but it bad for students in classes who want to learn. The students here lack spirit or pride in this school, and it is basically seen as a jail. Some of the teachers here are quite terrible, and Alta Loma is known for hiring terrible teachers, and then not firing them. Their are some decent teachers here, but the cIasses are so full students do not receive enough one on one help. I would not recommend this school to a student who wants to get a good education, but for a student who just wants to mess around, Alta Loma is the school for them

Alta Loma Middle School 5

Posted November 04, 2012
My daughter got a top quality education at this middle school. Sure there were days she complained about the uniform or that she felt like she had a lot of homework, but that's normal stuff. In the end I'm impressed with all the knowledge she gained and also I can see that wearing the uniform taught her to carry herself & to dress herself respectfully. Now she's in high school with excellent grades, has grown in her self-confidence & is wearing clothes appropriate for a young lady. If you want your son or daughter to have a good education and to learn self-esteem, you'll be happy with ALMS. Kids might complain, they always do, but this is one of the best schools around!

116 Romney Avenue, South San Francisco, CA  94080
Last modified Alta Loma Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alta Loma Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top