Posted April 17, 2014
We love this school. The principal is great. My daughter is very happy here. She has a wonderful teacher and bullying is not tollerated at school.

Posted September 26, 2013
The scores for Bancroft are low, but they have geat teachers. Not all kids test well. There are other things to take into consideration. It takes a combination of 3 to make a child successful, student, parent, & teacher need to work together. All 3 of my kids have gone here since 1st grade.

Posted September 18, 2012
This is my son's first year at Bancroft Community School. I was extremely hesitant to start him here because of the lower standardized test scores this school has recieved in the past. I recieved a call from the principal before the start of the school year and decided to meet with him and tour the school before making a decision and I am glad that I did. Because of the lower scores, parents have the option to send thier children to another school in the district. This makes it harder for the school to improve thier scores because many of the better students that would otherwise help the school meet benchmarks are moved and the school suffers. My son has a classroom that is about 50% English learners. This is just a part of living in California. While they do not score as high on standardized tests, they are intelligent and want to learn. I don't feel like they hold my son back and the teachers teach all children on thier level as much as possible. Also, this school has extra faculty to help those students that are struggling with language skills. Additionally, my son is in 1st grade and loves this school! The children are very nice and I have seen very little bullying

Posted October 25, 2007

Bancroft Elementary School 1

Posted November 29, 2005

Posted June 28, 2004
My two daughters attended this school and we could not be happier with the teachers and administration. My 8 yr old has attended k-3rd grade and has had a great experience. We are moving so it is our last year at Bancroft but we will miss the school and staff greatly!

Posted April 17, 2004
I had two sons at Bancroft who had trauma in their past. Every teacher I worked with, worked with both their accademic and emotional problems, bringing them along at or faster than grade level. The Peace Circle program improved behavior on the playground, and on the grounds of the school. The principal seemed to know all the children. The counselor was very pro-active.

Bancroft Elementary School
8805 Tyler Street, Spring Valley, CA  91977
Last modified Bancroft Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bancroft Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top