Bad
Good

I love this school. This is not our homes zoned school. We requested a transfer so my daughter and son would be in the same school when she did the tK program. I'm never returning to my home school! This place is a cut above the rest. The teachers are gems, over qualified, and so invested in the kids. You're getting a private school quality education with some of these teachers. I wish they had the funds to reduce classroom sizes by hiring more teachers. 30+ kids in each class is typical, but hey, a mom can dream right? The principal mrs. James is awesome! So involved in the everyday. The kids just love her. And the parents do too! There's events throughout the year and themed weeks and school wide gatherings every Friday morning. Kids are given awards and recognized for academics as well as citizenship. A free soccer program throughout the school year, science club, sunshine club. And the office receptionist, mrs. Karyn, is superb! Friendly, helpful and ..........ah, I love this school.

I like how the school has the EAK program. As well as after school program.

The Principal mrs. James is amazing and has lots of energy and enthusiasim and is very invloved. The kindergarden teacher mrs. West is amazing, i was lucky to have my child in her class and she is a great teacher. The only thing is that the ESS program is not so great, the leaders are too young and they let kids run around and shout and yell and everytime i had to pick up my child, he wasnt ready, their backpacks are outside and always would lose his stuff and wouldnt have the kids ready to be picked up by 6 oclock. There was a kid who wasnt all normal which should have been in a special education class becuase he was always bulling my kid and i had mentioned it couple times and nothing was done about it, so i took my child out of the school and he loves his new school. They have a anti-bulling thing they do at this new school which ever school should do.

CDO is an amazing school. I am particlarly impressed with the sense of community and the strength and enthusiasm of the teaching and support staff. The principal at CDO, Mrs James, knows all the students , and all the students know and respect her. I would never go to another school, my children are flourishing there, and what more could you ask for than that?

I have a child at CDO and we both love it! We live out of the district and I will keep my child here until he graduates. The teachers and staff are amazing. They care about the students and parents. Parents are always welcome to participate in school events and activities.

This school has had an incredible improvement in the last two years. We have been there for three years and our children love it. What one parent said below about the school in 2011 was true. The old principal was not very engaged and the spirit around the school was a bit gloomy. Now the new principal has been there for two years and she is amazing. Test scores are going way up, the teachers and the students are energized, and at the risk of sounding flighty there is just a "spirit" of hope and learning at CDO now. One of our children went to a highly rated elementary school in the area for a time, and it just wasn't as nurturing as CDO. The kids are held accountable both behaviorally and academically, and I see in my kids as well as in other kids the *desire* to succeed. That's all I could hope for and more out of their elementary school.

I have 2 children at Casa de Oro Elementary. Both are excelling academically due to some amazing teachers there. They are excited about learning and have built friendships with their classmates. I am out of the district and CDO was my first choice for them.

My child has been at casa de oro for 3 years. I loved the school. The principal Dr. parsons was the best. Dr. parsons is not at the school anymore. Allot of changes have been made and the school is not what it used to be. My child is unhappy and so am i. Lots of bulling and teachers have to big of classes to, take the time to hear the kids. The principal is always out. It makes me sad to remove my child from this school. Everyone wants there child to be treated fairly and this isn't happening here.

It has been a great school for my two kids.

What a wonderful staff and Principal. Dr. Parsons is a very involved principal, and has done a wonderful job with this school. We have had nothing but wonderful teachers. I highly recommend this school!

Last modified Casa De Oro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.