Spring Valley, CA

Casa De Oro Elementary School 4

Posted September 25, 2013
The Principal mrs. James is amazing and has lots of energy and enthusiasim and is very invloved. The kindergarden teacher mrs. West is amazing, i was lucky to have my child in her class and she is a great teacher. The only thing is that the ESS program is not so great, the leaders are too young and they let kids run around and shout and yell and everytime i had to pick up my child, he wasnt ready, their backpacks are outside and always would lose his stuff and wouldnt have the kids ready to be picked up by 6 oclock. There was a kid who wasnt all normal which should have been in a special education class becuase he was always bulling my kid and i had mentioned it couple times and nothing was done about it, so i took my child out of the school and he loves his new school. They have a anti-bulling thing they do at this new school which ever school should do.

Posted August 09, 2013
CDO is an amazing school. I am particlarly impressed with the sense of community and the strength and enthusiasm of the teaching and support staff. The principal at CDO, Mrs James, knows all the students , and all the students know and respect her. I would never go to another school, my children are flourishing there, and what more could you ask for than that?

Posted July 27, 2013
I have a child at CDO and we both love it! We live out of the district and I will keep my child here until he graduates. The teachers and staff are amazing. They care about the students and parents. Parents are always welcome to participate in school events and activities.

Posted May 16, 2013
This school has had an incredible improvement in the last two years. We have been there for three years and our children love it. What one parent said below about the school in 2011 was true. The old principal was not very engaged and the spirit around the school was a bit gloomy. Now the new principal has been there for two years and she is amazing. Test scores are going way up, the teachers and the students are energized, and at the risk of sounding flighty there is just a "spirit" of hope and learning at CDO now. One of our children went to a highly rated elementary school in the area for a time, and it just wasn't as nurturing as CDO. The kids are held accountable both behaviorally and academically, and I see in my kids as well as in other kids the *desire* to succeed. That's all I could hope for and more out of their elementary school.

Posted April 21, 2012
I have 2 children at Casa de Oro Elementary. Both are excelling academically due to some amazing teachers there. They are excited about learning and have built friendships with their classmates. I am out of the district and CDO was my first choice for them.

Casa De Oro Elementary School 1

Posted April 04, 2011
My child has been at casa de oro for 3 years. I loved the school. The principal Dr. parsons was the best. Dr. parsons is not at the school anymore. Allot of changes have been made and the school is not what it used to be. My child is unhappy and so am i. Lots of bulling and teachers have to big of classes to, take the time to hear the kids. The principal is always out. It makes me sad to remove my child from this school. Everyone wants there child to be treated fairly and this isn't happening here.

Posted November 09, 2009
It has been a great school for my two kids.

Posted September 06, 2009
What a wonderful staff and Principal. Dr. Parsons is a very involved principal, and has done a wonderful job with this school. We have had nothing but wonderful teachers. I highly recommend this school!

Posted October 31, 2008
CDO school is a great place for kids to learn and grow. My children went there and now my granddaughter is a student. The teachers are very good. The principal is real instructional leader. The school has recently been recognized by the CA Dept. of Education as a Title 1 Academic Achievement School.

Casa De Oro Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2007

Casa De Oro Elementary School
10227 Ramona Drive, Spring Valley, CA  91977
Last modified Casa De Oro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Casa De Oro Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top