Posted September 14, 2013
Highlands is a wonderful community school. This is my child's 4th year at Highlands and it has been very good to us. The teachers are phenomenal! I can't imagine my child having better teachers anywhere! There is so much love and dedication given to the students at Highlands. My child is advanced in his learning and every year his teachers have made sure he is challenged in his studies, They have done a great job meeting his personal needs as a student. The PTA works hard to bring special events and activities to the students at Highlands. Over all we are very happy at Highlands and we are so happy that our child attends this special school. In the spring, the school gives tours for new students. Make sure you take a tour!

Posted September 14, 2013
What a friendly school! The teachers are all very dedicated to their students. Every teacher we've had has an open door policy for parents. They also do their best to reach each child's academic needs. It's a very special school and I can't imagine a better staff anywhere!

Posted June 17, 2013
I'm not sure why this school is rated so low. We have visited a lot of schools in the area, and Highlands was by far the best! There is a great sense of community at this school. The teachers, principal and staff are very accommodating and welcoming. I've never been turned down a visit to my kids classes. There is a good balance of hard work and fun. The staff works very hard to teach the kids and challenge them, preparing them for testing. They are also rewarded with award ceremonies recognizing not only academic achievements, but outstanding citizenship as well. The kids are constantly reminded of proper behavior, and how to be a Peacebuilder. I absolutely love this school, and disagree with the low rating it has received.

Posted November 17, 2011
Great school! Great principal! Everyone goes above and beyond to help out the students. I am proud to have my children attend Highlands.

Highlands Elementary School 0

Posted April 17, 2010
Highlands has excellent leadership. The principal encourages fun and creativity even in these stressful times with so much testing and high stakes political expectations.

Posted October 04, 2009
My son is on 2nd. grade and he has improve way high thank you for all the teachers and their support.

Highlands Elementary School 0

Posted August 29, 2009
Highlands is an excellent school. It has great teachers, a great principal and always includes parents and families in activities throughout the year. My grandaughter (now in High School) graduated from Highlands and still goes back to visit. My son who graduated last year received the President's Award for Academic Achievement signed by President Obama. My youngest son is in third grad at Highlands this year and loves to go to school. Highlands is the best and should be rated a 10 in all areas

Posted June 26, 2008
My family moved to the area just to attend Highlands and it was the best thing we did. I love the concern that all the staff has for education and safty of all the children. Thank you Highlands....

Posted November 29, 2007
Great School! My daughter love it. All the teachers are great and well concern for a good education to our children.

Posted October 01, 2007
Highlands Elementary is an excellent school. The principal and teachers all work very hard to provide a safe, clean and supportive environment for our most precious resource - our children. The teachers and the principal are very responsive to parents and students. They spend a great deal of time and energy in supporting a very extensivev 'reward' system for the children. It is obvious that the entire team embraces the 'reward the good' and support the students that are trying to achieve - they recognize there are some students who need extra academic guidance, and they provide it. They recognize that there are those students who have behavior issues, and need some retraining or guidance - they provide it. The entire employee team of teachers, principal, engineers and volunteers all seem to be moving in the same direction - towards excellance! I'm delighted my child has had five beautiful years here.

Highlands Elementary School
3131 South Barcelona Street, Spring Valley, CA  91977
Last modified Highlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highlands Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.