Bad
Good

My son is a kindergartner here at Loma, and I have been SO impressed with the staff and principal involvement at this school! They truly care about each and every student and I feel like my son is thriving here. I have two younger children that will be attending here as well and I couldn't be happier.

This school is great! Yes, the drop off and pick up is a nightmare - just get there early and get in line. Our favorite has been second grade. There are 2 teachers that share a class and they are wonderful! They are so upbeat and kind, not grumpy and burned out like other teachers we have had. Thank you room 6 for embracing the job as a teacher and producing caring and smart students!

My son goes here and it is definitely a fantastic school. The school has only one entry and exit and the principle is there every day walking every child to the car and she even knows most of them by name. I see some reviews here stating otherwise but I have not seen this happen at all - as a matter of fact I was late picking up my son (forgot it was minimum day) and one of the women in the office stayed with him until I got there and apologized for my lapse of judgement. All of the staff gets to know the kids and will address most of them by name, its very good to see this type of care taken for the kids. Please do not hesitate to send your kids here, its one of the best schools around the area.

My children have been attending this school since the 2009-10 school year and I am happy with the teachers and staff. I do think they need to be more strict with misbehaved and unruly children. The parking is a nightmare and they should open up the lower dirt field below the lower playground so parents and family can park there. There's always double parking, illegal handicapped space parking and parking in non authorized spots. Not education related, but annoying. As far as the lady complaining about her son being picked up by "another family", he was picked up by his baby sitter, NOT a stranger. There was a total lack of communication on the mom, baby sitter and the school. So please understand This is not a dangerous school and I have no fear of my children being signed out to "another family". I firmly believe if you want your children to succeed then the parents need to be involved.

The Principal at this school is the WORST! Melody Belcher believes that the school is not responsible for your children once the school bell rings and class is dismissed !!! She put that in writing! They have had several children taken by people who are not on the approval list and the school has even put children on buses who don't ride the bus.

On August 14th, my child was picked up from school by an unauthorized adult. Being of special needs, my expectations were to pick up my son the moment the school day was over and to be informed of his day. Did not happen. Instead, my son's teacher looked around in a panic, unsure of what might have happened. I was escorted then to the principal's office, and waited unfathomable amounts of time in precious minutes of anxiety not knowing where my child was. The principal, however, took her time and refused to meet with me in a timely manner. After waiting an estimate of 30 minutes of inadequate service, I was informed that the principal was actually still within her office, and I made my anxieties clear. After taking my worries up with her, I made a quick dash to my home, to find that my son had been picked up by his babysitter BEFORE THE BELL RANG. The information given to me at the school was insufficient on the identity of the 'man and woman' who picked up my child, nor was the description adequate. I would not recommend this school to ANY parent, much less to any parent of an autistic child. The one saving grace this school had to offer was my son's immediate teacher, Ms Chattin.

On August 14th, my child was picked up from school by an unauthorized adult. Being of special needs, my expectations were to pick up my son the moment the school day was over and to be informed of his day. Did not happen. Instead, my son's teacher looked around in a panic, unsure of what might have happened. I was escorted then to the principal's office, and waited unfathomable amounts of time in precious minutes of anxiety not knowing where my child was. The principal, however, took her time and refused to meet with me in a timely manner. After waiting an estimate of 30 minutes of inadequate service, I was informed that the principal was actually still within her office, and I made a quick dash to my home, to find that my son was there, having been picked up by his babysitter. The information given to me at the school was insufficient on the identity and description of the unauthorized 'man and woman' who picked up my child BEFORE THE BELL RANG. I would not recommend this school to ANY parent, much less to any parent of an autistic child. The one saving grace this school had to offer was my son's teacher, Ms Chattin.

On August 14th, my son was sent on a bus when he was to be picked up by me. The office faculty laughed at the fact he was sent on a bus. The principal was nowhere to be found and the teachers were apologetic and trying to be helpful. The teachers there are their only saving grace. The principal is unresponsive and irresponsible. The office staff is irresponsible and rude. I was not notified that my son was put on a bus. Another student was given to an unauthorized person and the person did not sign the log book that every parent or person picking up a child is suppose to sign before dismissal.

i work for the school and must say not just because i work there but it is true when i say the teachers are caring and really are there for the students

Loma is a GREAT SCHOOL!!! We have been here for 5 years and we LOVE IT!!! The Teachers and Staff are Great! Never had a problem. Always Helpful and Supportive!!! The ESS program at Loma it's Great too!!! A++++++++

Last modified Loma Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.