Bad
Good

I love this school so much! I have an autistic son who began attending the special day class with Ms. Colleen and she is an absolute treasure! I have worked in special education for six years and never have I worked with a teacher as sweet and dedicated as her. Rancho is very lucky to have her. The school is a great school as well!

I would say DO NOT BRING YOUR KID TO PRESCHOOL HERE! I disliked the pre school teacher there, because she gave the kids too much academic work and hardly let the kids do free process work. My son liked it there at first but later on he got tired of going to school and said that the teacher is boring. EVERYTHING had to be her way and what pre school teacher gives her 3-4 yr old students homework!

Unfortunately due to military, we had to move/leave, but I had 2 of my kids attend Rancho. My son attended 2-5th grd and had great teachers every year! They challenged him and expected more of him since he was a high performer academically. His teachers kept me updated on his performance whether it was good or bad. My daughter also attended this school and started in Early Start. She is diagnosed with cerebral palsy and confined to a wheelchair. The school was always great with her and when she started kindergarten last year they hired an Aide full time for her. My daughter loved her Aide just as much as her Aide loved her. The principal was pretty awesome too. She always got back to us personally or by phone in a timely manner. Our experience with Rancho and the Spring/Valley District was great. The staff, Resource teacher, Head of Special Ed, APE, and OI staff were all so helpful and special to us. I could go on forever about how much we loved it there and how well the staff did with meeting goals on the IEP. They made my daughter's Kinder year amazing and we are 4ever grateful. I hope my kids new school/district live up to the high expectations that they have given us.

my child has been going to that shool since 2000 and on the first day of school he told me "Mommy I like this school."and when I came to pick him up he didn't want to leave and now that he's in highschool already and his younger brothers are fifth grade he tells " Them enjoy the last two years you got I only had five years with rancho your lucky." he complains to me saying"Mom I wish I was a kid again."and his teacher was miss,platfoot and the two other one are in miss.Smiths/miss.Platfoot class

I can't speak for the upper grade levels, but my son attended Early Start & preschool here. He has learning disabilities & the staff were all amazing about working with him. The principal is SUPER involved & the former principal is now the Director of Special Education for the entire district. The school exudes success!!!

Last modified Rancho Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.