Posted May 05, 2014
I love this school so much! I have an autistic son who began attending the special day class with Ms. Colleen and she is an absolute treasure! I have worked in special education for six years and never have I worked with a teacher as sweet and dedicated as her. Rancho is very lucky to have her. The school is a great school as well!

Rancho Elementary School 2

Posted January 30, 2014
I would say DO NOT BRING YOUR KID TO PRESCHOOL HERE! I disliked the pre school teacher there, because she gave the kids too much academic work and hardly let the kids do free process work. My son liked it there at first but later on he got tired of going to school and said that the teacher is boring. EVERYTHING had to be her way and what pre school teacher gives her 3-4 yr old students homework!

Rancho Elementary School 4

Posted August 07, 2013
Unfortunately due to military, we had to move/leave, but I had 2 of my kids attend Rancho. My son attended 2-5th grd and had great teachers every year! They challenged him and expected more of him since he was a high performer academically. His teachers kept me updated on his performance whether it was good or bad. My daughter also attended this school and started in Early Start. She is diagnosed with cerebral palsy and confined to a wheelchair. The school was always great with her and when she started kindergarten last year they hired an Aide full time for her. My daughter loved her Aide just as much as her Aide loved her. The principal was pretty awesome too. She always got back to us personally or by phone in a timely manner. Our experience with Rancho and the Spring/Valley District was great. The staff, Resource teacher, Head of Special Ed, APE, and OI staff were all so helpful and special to us. I could go on forever about how much we loved it there and how well the staff did with meeting goals on the IEP. They made my daughter's Kinder year amazing and we are 4ever grateful. I hope my kids new school/district live up to the high expectations that they have given us.

Posted January 27, 2012
my child has been going to that shool since 2000 and on the first day of school he told me "Mommy I like this school."and when I came to pick him up he didn't want to leave and now that he's in highschool already and his younger brothers are fifth grade he tells " Them enjoy the last two years you got I only had five years with rancho your lucky." he complains to me saying"Mom I wish I was a kid again."and his teacher was miss,platfoot and the two other one are in miss.Smiths/miss.Platfoot class

Posted August 20, 2010
I can't speak for the upper grade levels, but my son attended Early Start & preschool here. He has learning disabilities & the staff were all amazing about working with him. The principal is SUPER involved & the former principal is now the Director of Special Education for the entire district. The school exudes success!!!

Rancho Elementary School 3

Posted December 27, 2005
Okay academic program. No music or sports

Rancho Elementary School 3

Posted August 17, 2005

Posted August 05, 2004
This school is the best! My son has learning disabilities and they were constantly helping him out with it. I appreciate all the work they have done for him. I can understand him better and he can read a little better and write. As a matter of fact I have a choice to move but with my son having good education I chose to stay here for that reason. Thank you Rancho!

Posted February 02, 2004
My children have attended Rancho since 1996 and all I can say about this wonderful school is it gets better every year. First looks should not deter the interested parent. Built in the early 60's, it was not a marvel of science or beauty. After several important bonds passed over the years it has truly become a top notch facility, finally matching the outstanding talent of teachers and staff that it houses. This school also has one of the best afterschool care programs available at a super reasonable price. I very thankful for Rancho and all it has done for my family.

Rancho Elementary School
8845 Noeline Avenue, Spring Valley, CA  91977
Last modified Rancho Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rancho Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top