Spring Valley, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 28, 2014
This school is simply amazing! I have lived all around the country and have yet to find a school with staff as dedicated as the ones here. The principal and teachers lead by example and the students are fantastic. I personally love this school so much I am commuting 5.5 hours daily for work just to leave my child here.

Posted May 09, 2014
One of the best schools in the Spring Valley-La Mesa school district. The Principle and her staff do a great job with teaching and caring for the students.

Posted August 21, 2013
I don't agree with the review about bullying. I have found the principal and teachers at Santa Sophia Academy to work very diligently with students and their parents when anything is reported. From our situation, it was readily resolved and she is doing very well. They certainly can't do anything if they aren't told. I have found this school to be caring, loving and great learning happens each and every day. We are very blessed to be here. And they now have a wonderful new pastor, too! A Proud SSA Parent

Posted August 20, 2013
Santa Sophia Academy is an amazing school with dedicated, faith-filled, concerning educators who truly go above and beyond to provide our children with a quality Catholic education.

Santa Sophia Academy 1

Posted August 15, 2013
My daughter goes to this school and explains to me that she gets bullied everyday by other students. Pretty much all of these kids have clicks and not being able to mingle with other student in different grade levels. Not to mention there is little to none security or individuality. I personally feel that they do not prepare students for reality after school and I'm for one not going to let my child stay in a school with so many defaults.

Posted March 01, 2013
I like the school. The K through 5th grade teachers are talented in very different ways. Nice foundation for the budding scholar.

Santa Sophia Academy 1

Posted October 02, 2012
I dont agree with the previous rating, this school is not very safe for our kids at all, sadly is located in a bad neighborhood, my car got broken into when i went to the open house for the school!!! I have a friend whos kids attend this school and during a school play last year a man running from the police was able to get into campus to hide. And sure why not, the school is not gated. The first thing that struck me was that gate was left open during school hours, children are sent from the school to the other side of the parking lot, walking unsupervised! The school got broken into and vandalized during summer. :(

Posted June 08, 2012
If you want to be able to breath while your children are at school Santa Sophia is the school for you. While other schools are dealing with weapons, drugs and bullying, ours is still dealing with chewing gum at school! What a wonderful and careing front office staff and a Prinicpal who truly loves her school and is so proud of the accomplishments made by her students. I would sell hot dogs on the corner to keep my children at Santa Sophia.

Posted July 27, 2011
I am an incoming 8th grade student at Santa Sophia Academy (aka SSA) who moved from Saint Rose of Lima in the middle of the year due to bullying. On my first day, everyone welcomed me with open arms. I would reccomend SSA to everyone. The academic program is great, the teachers are very good and care about the students, and most importantly, the parents, students, principal, and staff are really like a family. They even focus on oratorical skills, starting in Kindergarten. Parent involvement is great here, and the principal is a great leader. BEST. SCHOOL. EVER.

Posted May 07, 2011
What better gift can we give to our children? Santa Sophia Academy is a school which excels academically while nurturing students to be polite, giving, helpful, faith-filled participants of our community? Santa Sophia Academy staff is the BEST of the BEST!

Santa Sophia Academy