Posted November 24, 2014
Pico Canyon is a top notch, grade A, excellent school! Mrs. Banda the principle is a hands on professional who balances compassion with leadership. The teachers are excellent!! Especially the sixth grade! We transferred from private school as well, and definitely feel the education our child is getting at Pico Canyon Elementary school is head over heals above the private schools we attended.

Posted February 05, 2014
This is a fantastic school and Mrs. Banda the principal is unbelievably amazing. The teachers are great. My kids started out at a private school and switched to Pico, I am thrilled that we did. Everything we heard about public schools was a lie. I can't say enough good things about Pico.

Pico Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
Pico Canyon elementary is a first class school with great teachers and a wonderful Principal. Almost all of the teachers give 100% and Mrs Banda, the Principal is very helpful and genuinely cares about the welfare of the kids.

Pico Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted June 07, 2013
The staff at Pico Canyon do a great job for the vast number of children they have to manage. I think the kids get a good education and they are pretty well-supervised. Because it's a fairly diverse mix, we get some bad eggs and I wish there were some way to hold back those bullies when they get rough (I see bad behavior unchecked when I volunteer at school, though any time I report something, it's dealt with.) When kids aren't being disciplined at home it carries over at school, and I do believe suspension needs to be kept as an option for any school for the protection of all the students, and to keep an environment where students can learn effectively and teachers and staff can remain in control of very large numbers of children.

Posted May 26, 2013
We recently moved to Stev. Ranch and Pico Canyon Elementary from the #2 district in the state. Although the schools are much larger (1000 students!), the class sizes remain at 24 pupils. We have had excellent teachers. Students receive mostly whole group instruction after 3rd grade, but 1st-2nd grade breaks the kids into ability groups that really hone in on skills and needs. The principal, Mrs. Banda, is extremely professional and is highly respected by the parents, students, and teachers. Students are given many ways to "shine" individually in different areas: music, academics, art contest, science fair, student government, etc...We feel lucky to have our kids at Pico Canyon Elementary!

Posted May 03, 2012
Best school ever! The teachers are amazing. My daughter loves going to school every day.

Posted November 08, 2011
This school is very well organized and they have a great system in place. My child brings home enough homework to make sure what is taught is being reiterated at home. The teachers work long hours to make sure that their lesson plans are prepared. Thank you for your hard work.

Posted August 21, 2011
The teachers here at Pico are here to teach not just collect a paycheck. They are genuinely concerned about what our children are learning and how they are learning. Parents are encouraged to get evolved and they do! Our principal has a tough job but she fills the shoes nicely. I have the opportunity to have my children to go to 1 of 2 school districts and hands down I have chosen the best place for my children to thrive and learn

Posted September 14, 2010
Pico Canyon delivers a top-notch education, no doubt about it!! I have had children here since the school's opening in 2003 and have been consistently delighted. The teachers do a superior job, the staff is incredibly supportive and the programs in place - academic, artistic, fitness and character-building - are excellent. Parents are a strong presence, as well. This school has helped shape my children into well-rounded, upstanding, critically thinking students. Keep up the amazing work, Pico!!

Posted July 17, 2010
Outstanding teachers and cirriculum emphasizing reading, writing and math. Not just memorization but by analyzing and thinking. I have 3 children here, every teacher so far has been an exceptional teacher that inspires the children to love learning. My eldest has really excelled at math, loves math (and did not get that from me). The teachers here are model teachers.

Pico Canyon Elementary School
25255 Pico Canyon Road, Stevenson Ranch, CA  91381
Last modified Pico Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pico Canyon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top