Stevenson Ranch, CA
Students enrolled: 1,010

Posted April 25, 2014
My son transferred here from Marina del Rey in the middle of 7th grade. The student body was friendly and welcoming. Parents were very involved and the teachers provided a strong educational environment. The real applause went to the principal, Mrs. Krantz... she helped create a learning environment that enabled our kids to have fun and get involved in their own educations, providing them with tools for their future.

Posted March 05, 2014
I have had two very different children go throughout this school and I am very satisfied with their time there. The school does an exceptional job dealing with students that are going through such huge developmental and emotional changes in the two years they are there. My kids always felt save, were always challenged academically and were very prepared for West Ranch High School right across the street. The facility is nice and clean, the community is supportive and the student body is diverse and academically strong. The team structure works very well to give the kids a sense of belonging. All junior high schools will have issues with the social dynamics of pre-teens that they need to address and this school does that promptly.

Posted September 23, 2013
Rancho Pico Junior High is a great school with fantastic teachers. The teachers do prepare the students for high school. The parent and teacher have a great partnership. I am not saying everything is perfect at this school but the staff and parents work towards solving problems when they come up.

Posted April 15, 2013
Rancho Pico cares about the student success. The teachers give strict instruction, and teach the kids to be academically ambitious. They make no apologies for their high expectations. This school strives for excelence which is what I believe the school's job should be. When my child fell behind in math, they were very supportive and worked with her to get her right back on track. My child grew tremendously at this school and loved going there. I have one more on the way!

Posted January 29, 2012
My son is in the 7th grade at Rancho Pico Jr. High and my husband and I couldn't be happier about his school environment. We have seen him truly blossom since going to Jr. High. His teachers are caring and excellent teachers and the communication with parents is outstanding. I can check on his progress and homework assignments in every class whenever I like online. The teachers are also very responsive via email if I ever have a question. I am so grateful to live in this community so that my son can have such a tremendous public education!

Posted November 08, 2011
My son is n the seventh grade this year and so far I have never been so impressed with a middle school as I am with Rancho Pico. It is a fantastic environment for learning and all the different types of development going on during these difficult years of growth. "Back to school night" was beyond impressive. The staff is simply amazing. As far as the comment on Ms. Levy Holmes back in Aug, this was clearly written by a student. She is more than an art teacher. She ties in vocabulary, history, cultures, some math, all this with the art she is teaching. It is an honor for my child to be in her class.

Posted November 04, 2011
Rancho Pico is an outstanding school. I have had two students go through there, with another one in 8th grade now. I have been very impressed with the high standards of the teachers, counselors and administrators. The principal's energy alone gives that place a positive charge that is felt by all. The teachers go the extra mile to make sure students learn. Our only regret is that it only lasts 2 years.

Posted November 01, 2011
I think that this school is great. The teachers are, for the most part, excellent, and the principal is fantastic. I read the post about bullying and drugs and do not know what to say. I do not know of a school (public or private) that does not have to deal with these issues. None of these are issues that are new. Even when I was that age (thousands of years ago), there was bullying and drugs. However, the school does its best to keep parents in the loop (parents can access grades, there are multiple emails, phone calls from administration on events and happenings, etc.). As a parent of a "high achieving" student, I have not seen any, nor heard of any serious bullying. It is important to remember that this is, in fact, a junior high. 12-14 year old kids do things that are stupid, they are hormonal and sensitive and although, there is definitely a bullying problem in the United States, we would do well to remember the difference between real bullying and ordinary, (often misplaced and misunderstood) junior high conflict. In any event, this school has done a great job at working on these issues and the staff and faculty have all seemed available to discuss any issues.

Posted October 28, 2011
Upon reading the 08/08/201 submission, I was compelled to contest the statements made. As a parent of a former and current RP student, so I am very familiar with the school, administration, teachers, and staff. Both of my kids are extremely high achievers and in their combined 3.5 years of attending RP have always felt accepted and unified and never ostracized for their success, in fact, quite the opposite! As for school personnel, they go above and beyond to accommodate and respond to any parent and student concerns. With a zero tolerance policy on bullying and drugs, situations are immediately and appropriately dealt with. I cannot fathom any RP staff standing by and allowing any inappropriate behavior to occur and offer zero help and do nothing as the individual stated. Perhaps the parent was simply angry and lashed out at the school. Regardless, to make such generalizations and broad misstatements about Rancho Pico and the staff is irresponsible. This is an amazing school, run by dedicated, caring, and concerned staff and as one of over 1000 parents, we are privileged to send our kids there and take tremendous pride in being part of the Mustang family.

Posted October 28, 2011
It has come to my attention that there was an unfavorable post about RP. In my opinion, that cannot be further from the truth. My daughter is a high achieving 8th grader and for the past two years her class has been instructed on how to deal with bullying by the staff/teachers. I ve also had friends that have been in situations where the staff/teachers were extremely helpful. As a matter of fact, there was a PAC meeting a couple weeks ago on the topic of bullying but there were only a handful of parents in attendance. My guess on the low attendance was due to the fact that the topic of how to avoid bullying is not a new subject. I m sorry for that child who was bullied and won t be able to attend their home school. I just can t believe RP offered no help. I m proud to have my daughter at RP.

Rancho Pico Junior High School
26250 West Valencia Boulevard, Stevenson Ranch, CA  91381
Last modified Rancho Pico Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rancho Pico Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top