Stockton, CA

Middle College High School 3

Posted May 26, 2013
MCHS is definitely a school that relies on independent students. There are students here that have varied perspectives on the teaching styles, but then again, there are a wide range of personalities that join this school every year, whether or not they actually choose to. Most of the teachers are kind, but strict..they definitely understand the material..they give work that requires a studious mind and a diligent work ethic. I've learned a lot from joining MCHS; I'm a sophomore and freshman yr was the best. This past year was quite interesting..Chemistry was difficult, World History was insightful (and very much involved in current events), English was independent and sarcastically amusing, AVID was enlightening, and ACADEC was as great as I could possibly make it (esp. with the captains and Mr.)! If you want to join this school, be prepared and choose professors wisely. College is priority. If you are "forced" to join (even though you could've just said no in the private interview), make the most of it because you're not alone. I have noticed there are students here that pretend they don't care but they do. Consider if you'd like~ It'll be worth it in the end (for me) for sure! :]

Posted May 15, 2013
This is a bad school. The workload is tremendous, because the work that many of the teachers assign are pointless! and when i mean pointless, i mean POINTLESS. They ask you to do stuff that any third grader with a computer can google in 2 seconds. Is that really what schools should be doing? Shouldn't schools want to challenge you academically, and not your ability to overcome your boredom, frustration, and lack of motivation? For example, the science teacher cannot teach even if her life depended on it, and for the entire year, all she did was make us do "workbooks" (aka copying lines of text from the book) and packets regarding material that she never went over. She thinks that "lecturing" for 15 minutes is enough time for the student to understand an ENTIRE CHAPTER'S worth of material. She doesn't cover half of the stuff she tests you on. And you are reduced to doing "labs" that involve scissors, paper cutouts, and glue. Um, what? Isn't that like 1st grade curriculum? Out of all the teachers, was this the best MCHS could hire? And to those thinking of applying... do you really want to be taught by "teachers" like this? Food for thought. P.S. Your grade hangs in the balance.

Posted May 15, 2013
This school does not live up to the expectations it has set. After attending an elementary and middle school where they actually taught and inspired students to succeed, my daughter absolutely positively loathes the level of education that this school is offering to it's students. The teacher quality is nothing short of abysmal, especially the one that professes to be the school's biology and chemistry teacher. Also, the person that calls herself the principal of this mess clearly has no idea what the words "friendly" and "encouraging" are, as her attitude towards her students don't display either. Frankly, I doubt she really cares whether or not the students of this school ends up in Harvard or in a remedial center. My advice to anyone looking at this school is, look somewhere else. Unless you want to spend your four years of high school stressing over how you're going to study for a test the teacher never covered, this school is not for you. You will regret it.

Posted May 08, 2013
im a current freshman at this school. this school is horrible. dont come here. you will regret it as much as i have. if you still choose to come here, you've been warned.

Posted January 13, 2010

Middle College High School 5

Posted November 04, 2009
This school is the absolute best you could possible ever attend. i just entered this school in my junior year and i am very very happy. this school is top notch. if you are looking for a school with an amazing enviroment, teachers and kids. i suggest you go here. :) its without a doubt the best.

Posted October 27, 2009
I just graduated MCHS, and I've got to say I loved Middle College. I went to MCHS for a healthy, safe and peaceful environment where I knew I can grow up and figure out who I was and who I wanted to be and just learn. The teachers are great, your classmates become your siblings and I feel like they're family. I was able to learn and feed my curiosity. Yeah, there are some things I would like MCHS to improve upon because it would make the school the absolute best. My advice to someone interested in attending MCHS, Go!!!!!!! We have prom, spirit week, dances, etc. We like to goof off, but we will work our tails off. Generally speaking, everybody is respectful and protective of one another. It was super easy to wake up and go to school, and it was very hard to leave.

Middle College High School 5

Posted June 17, 2009
Middle College High School is the only high school in San Joaquin County to receive a perfect 10 on the California STAR testing state rating system as well as a national ranking as a top college preparatory school. Students take both high school and college classes and many receive multiple college AA degrees with their high school diploma. This head start in college saves parents of money. The school, located on the Delta College campus, is very small, very selective, and very diverse culturally, ethnically, and socio-economocally. The school provides an unusual combination of rigorous academic preparation and freedom to spread your wings. Teachers encourage students to think critically and be creative. You might expect these super high achieving students to be a bunch of geeks. But actually they are a very well rounded group of young people who engage in many outside activities and community service.

Posted May 07, 2009
I love this school, I'm a sophomore and this school is the best. People here actually care about your education and love to have fun and tease the students so there is a sense of humor in the classes. Although there are only 7 teachers, 2 secretaries, a counselor and a principal, this school is really...something I can't describe with words. Although with lack of funding, there aren;t many fun things to do in this school, beside going to club, which only amounts up to 3. The teachers are very sarcastic and they don't hesitate to tell their opinions about a subject and they are passionate about their teachings. Its located on the Delta College campus and it brings great freedom and an actual sense of going to college. If you want ot get a head start in education or just make friends that will always be there, come to MCHS.

Posted April 04, 2009
This is the best school ever!!! I couldn't give it all 5 stars only because of the lack of funding we have. That does limit our ability to take trips to colleges or whatever, and they need more teachers but LUSD can't/won't fork up the cash. The teachers care about the students and the students' future. The principle is pretty good, but she comes off as cold, you just need to waited it out with time to realize she isn't that bad. Some professor rock (Christofori, Anievas - Gammallo, Ortiz, Assadi, Rich, Shumaker, Thomas, etc., others force us to keep our heads below the radar. You don't just go to school, you go to your family everyday to become a better person. Luckily Delta seems to be in the center of everything, so life is never boring. If you have a chance to go here, or send your kid here... come!!!

Middle College High School
5151 Pacific Avenue, Stockton, CA  95207
Last modified Middle College High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Middle College High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top