Stockton, CA

Posted September 21, 2013
This is a great school for students seeking advanced courses and preparation for the road ahead. Students attend Full GATE (Gifted And Talented Education) classes. State resources have prevented this school from providing lockers, class and research supplies, or a kitchen for proper meals. The parents have been tremendously supportive as well as the students with fundraising programs. There is so much potential with these students and teachers that it is a tragedy to have such limited resources.

Posted August 21, 2013
Elkhorn was the best 2 years of my whole school experience. It has amazing testing scores and all of the teachers are AMAZING! Love everything about it. The homework and projects are stressful but trust me, it does prepare your student for high school and college. There are nights were you have 5 projects due at one time but it is not as bad as it sounds. The first tip is to never procrastinate (to be honest, I did procrastinate and I still got A's. Although it is not the case for everyone). The PE is great exercise and keeps your body at a good place. If you need any help, every single staff member including teachers are the best people to talk to. Never felt like this anywhere else. To be honest, it really felt like an Elkhorn family there. LOVE IT! Don't hesitate to enroll. Trust me its gonna be the best years of your education. :)

Posted September 04, 2012
Elkhorn is definitely one of the best schools ever. I do not see why the community rating is not 5 stars. I am in eighth grade at Elkhorn and have been going there since fifth grade. Our teachers are SENSATIONAL. They truly care about our success and will listen. They celebrate and relate with us when we do something good, and try to help us when we do something not so good. They are SO supportive. Unlike some schools where students cannot have much say, leadership participates in making decisions. I find Elkhorn an excellent place to learn and grow. The work level is sometimes high, but it is an important quality for a school to have since it helps us to prepare for high school and college. I truly feel I am prepared for almost anything. Elkhorn is an exciting opportunity, and I have changed so much through this experience! If you are debating whether to come to Elkhorn or to send your child to Elkhorn, I am highly recommending this opportunity. If you are hardworking and are seeking a place to prepare for what is coming later in a supportive and outstanding environment, this is DEFINITELY the place to be. I love Elkhorn and will always see it as the best 5 years of my early life.

Posted September 18, 2011
The PE program is amazing at this school. Its nothing like boot camp at all, the homework load prepares kids for highschool and college while also giving them an amazing work ethic. This school builds character, confidence, initiative, and all-around successful students. Often times many people only look at test scores, however this is not Elkhorn's only remarkable feature. The staff that work here are great at their job and are friendly and welcoming too all students. Many of them answer emails and phone calls in the middle of the night just to help students in need. Unlike other schools who don't strengthen their PE classes too keep students fit and healthy and ready for academic success, Elkhorn makes sure that all students have the opportunity to have fun playing sports while benefiting from the physical benefits of exercise. The high test scores sets a goal for all students to reach for while encouraging each other to try harder and push past those past goals. This school is worth all the trouble!

Posted September 18, 2011
Elkhorn is one of the best schools in the district, and is worth all the trouble. I have been attending it for 5 years, and I can honestly say that I have had the time of my life. Yes, the school gives out a lot of homework, and projects, but it really helps you prepare for highschool and beyond. However, there is a fine line drawn at Elkhorn... if you are unaccustommed to large amounts of work and multiple school projects simultaneously, and experience the work load to the point where you break down and cry, Elkhorn is simply not the school for you. However, if you are willing to accept the beauty of Elkhorn - it's gift to bond you with your class and to prepare you, both academically and physically, for high school and beyond, this is the best school in the district to let you excel academically.The high test scores do not create pressure - if you are thinking along those lines, this school is definitely not for you - but encourage competition and academic excellence. Elkhorn is one of the finest schools there is, and if you have the chance to attend, and are willing to accept the challenges, go for it. You will look back and say that it was the best decision you have ever made.

Elkhorn School 2

Posted February 05, 2011
This is a stress-inducing school. The PE classes have schedules for exercises that are "boot-camp-worthy". Homework comes in loads on a regular basis. Many agree that this school is very stressful. Some will even break down and cry, one of whom I personally recognize as strong and prideful. She is not physically unfit, quite the opposite actually, but the standards for PE at this school are too high. She has no free time on weekdays and has been depressed since transferring to this school. The only reason this school is even getting two stars rather than one is because the test scores are remarkable. But even this positive attribute to this school is neutralized, as the high scores sets a high expectation the students need to meet, creating more pressure. So basically, this school is not worth the trouble.

Posted January 29, 2011
I go to Elkhorn, and i am currently in eighth grade. I love the school because people understand me there. The work may be tough at times, but it really helps you in the future. I've been going here since sixth grade and it has helped me a lot! The teachers are all very friendly, the staff knows how to keep everyone safe and everything. Elkhorn is amazing.

Posted July 02, 2010
I truly loved this school, even though I had not realized it at the time of my attendance. The students there are friendly and easy to get along with. Also, the teachers at the school get to know you personally and sincerely care about your well being. Currently I am attending high school and sometimes it feels like Elkhorn challenged me more than I am currently. I deeply miss my great experiences there and wish I had appreciated all the great opportunities the school had given me.

Elkhorn School 3

Posted February 16, 2010

Posted February 15, 2010
i go to this school and i love it! I've been here for a few months and when i first came here i was really welcomed i made friends the first day i got here!!The teachers and staff are are so much welcoming than my other school. My teacher Mrs.Go-Miller acually went here!

Elkhorn School
10505 North Davis Road, Stockton, CA  95209
Last modified Elkhorn School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elkhorn School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top