Public charter
Stockton, CA
Students enrolled: 1,106

Posted October 24, 2013
Venture Academy is a school like no other. They have greatly improved my learning experience and I actually am happy to wake up and go to school. THANK YOU VENTURE.

Posted March 27, 2012
This school is wonderful it is a great learning environment for all of my children. They have all excelled in learning and have grown leaps and bounds over other children there own age. It has a strict policy on the dress code and NO BULLING. The school is safe for all the children and I can see this school style excelling into the future.

Posted August 25, 2011
I just recently graduated with my High School Diploma from Venture Academy, and being there since 7th grade, I have to say, it is by far the best school out there, definitely different then your average school. I love it because the teachers do everything in their power to help you and will work with you, through everything you need. I wish I could go back, I mae so many friends, and will definitely miss the amazing experience that they have offered me.

Venture Academy 2

Posted December 31, 2010
Our family has been with this school since 2005 up until this current year 2010/2011 school year. Our family has been a very active part of this school including our three children. Until this current year we have enjoyed it, even with the communication flaws. This year the school has doubled in size leaving MORE room for the ill communication. I would NOT recommend anyone to attend the modified Daily attendance (MDA) 1st grade both teachers are worthless. 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 4th grade teachers are worth every effort effort to be a part of that school. Administration is worthless have very little concern with the best interest of the students, it is what best interests them first, then if it works for them they will include the best interest of the student. I am sure it will worsen as the school gets a higher enrollment due to the desperate families wanting what they have heard is a good school. If you good school at Venture the Synergy Program is great LOVED it for all grade levels. Check out K 12 ...one word "AWESOME!" Good luck in your great school search.

Venture Academy 4

Posted March 25, 2010
I'm in Eighth grade and I really love this school. I came from a public school and I have social phobia and the kids in my class are so nice and understanding,its actually scary! My other school, the kids were really rude and offensive. I've only been here 3 months and I wish I was here from the start! I love it so much. The Teachers actually TEACH you instead of sit you there and hand you papers to do. The teachers are nice,funny and kind. The office and staff are always helping and are kind. I greatly recommend going here.

Posted December 11, 2009

Posted November 19, 2009
the faculty is wonderful, the mission statement motivates the children. The atmosphere on kids and teachers parts is one of mutual respect. A refreshing change!

Venture Academy 0

Posted September 13, 2009
Venture has the best alturnative program in the valley. It has educated 3 of my 4 adopted children and is currently educating my son who is in the 12th grade and started with Venture in the sixth. These kids started at Venture becuase they were not performing in the regular school system (straight F's). 2 of the 4 graduated from high school 1 has matriculated back into a regular high school for the sports programs and 1, my son, is currently a 12th grader at Durham Ferry.

Posted April 13, 2009
Best School Ever! I went here for only 2 months and I loved it. I wish I can go back there again. I love the school and I reccomend you go there.

Posted March 31, 2009
We pulled our son out of MUSD. It seems as if teachers have no time to teach and quite a bit of wasted classroom time (ONLY because of the student:teacher ratio). Our son is advanced (STAR) and was stressed at his old school. NOW, school and stress are no longer part of the same sentence. He IS learning and being challenged - and still has free time at home (no 3 hours of homework) to be a child. Kudos to the staff! A word to the wise; IF you are coming from a Public School environment this is definitely a culture shock and takes a bit of getting used to due to the NON TRADITIONAL approach this academy takes with its students! They actually take the time to teach TO the student not AT the class.

Venture Academy
2829 Transworld Drive, Stockton, CA  95206
Last modified Venture Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Venture Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top