Public charter
Stockton, CA

Posted September 24, 2014
I graduated from that school 2 years ago and am at Ben Holt now. I would not be as smart or motivated to learn as I am now if I hadn't gone to that school. The teachers were very nice and supportive, even if they weren't my teacher. It is a small school, so everyone knows each other. They administration isn't too strict unless they really have to be. I am lucky to have gone to this school and I would recommend it to anyone.

Posted April 02, 2014
This is the best school in the area. The teachers and staffs are amazing. My daughter enjoys every day at school and has learned a lot.

Posted April 02, 2014
Vincent Shalvey Academy has been a life changing experience for our son. We absolutely love the teaching staff, the other students and the administration. They work very effeciently to educate and bring joyous learning experiences to the children. We are looking forward to our daughter joining the school in the future.

Posted April 02, 2014
I love VSA. The staff is awesome and the curriculum includes Math clubs, guided reading, book buddies and so much more...sign up your child through the lottery starting K, that is the best chance in for those considering Aspire Charter schools. Their API score is also 900's...couldn't ask for a better school.

Posted February 17, 2014
Love this school. My daughter is in the 4th grade there and has been there since kindergarten. Great teachers and personable to everyone. Everyone knows every kids name and their education is priority #1!! I cannot wait to out my other child there, and thank goodness siblings get priority because I would be very sad to not have my child go there!!

Posted August 14, 2013
By far the best school ever. I enjoy the community and how much parents are involved in what goes on. The teachers and staff are amazing. They know every child by name and are passionate about their work. I absolutely love V.S.A

Posted August 07, 2013
What a GREAT school my children attend!! My son is in his third year at VSA and my daughter in her second year. The teachers and parents work very well together to assist the students. Parents are very involved in every aspect of their childrens education. I love that each classroom is named after a college! What a great way to motivate your children about their future education!!

Posted August 06, 2013
Vincent Shalvey Academy (formerly called University Public School) is where my son attended from 1st - 5th grade (after being on the waiting list for 2 years to get in!) and my daughter has attended from Kindergarten to present (just began 4th grade). This California Distinguished School has a Dept. of Education API score that is 2nd in the area only to a GATE school (Gifted And Talented Education, where the brightest go after leaving their regular school). These are average students achieving above-average results at a WAY above-average school. Beginning in Kindergarten, which is a full-day program, the students develop a love of learning, achieving and aspiring to go to "College for Certain"! With parents that are fully invested in being the other half of their child's education, we are not just a school but a large family!

Posted August 06, 2013
Aspire Vincent Shalvey Academy is a top of the line school. Great teachers, caring parents, motivated students.

Posted August 05, 2013
Our school is amazing! The teachers are always looking to advance the kids understanding and prepare them for higher education. From my experience, they are great at encouraging the kids to do better and work on their behavior, while making sure they have a good grasp of the basics before moving on. The parents actively participate in school activites and functions. Aspire is a wonderful program that understands how kids learn and what they are capable of.

Aspire Vincent Shalvey Academy
10038 North State Route 99, Stockton, CA  95212
Last modified Aspire Vincent Shalvey Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aspire Vincent Shalvey Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top