Public charter
Stockton, CA

Posted March 18, 2015
Love the advanced academics and focus on core values as well. This school has such a great sense of community. Great teachers and staff.

Aspire River Oaks Charter School 1

Posted September 17, 2014
I recently( this morning) called to see how I can enroll my daughter and the receptionist told me they did not have 5th grade. Being that we are moving from out of town I was unsure of protocol. I double checked online only to find that they do in fact have 5th grade. When I called back once agin to see what to do in order to enroll my chikd the receptionist snapped at me and stated that she did not understand me the first time and that I was stupid because there is a waiting list and I cannot just enroll her. To which I said she could have explained that to begin with, when I asked to speak to her supervisor I was rold they were in a meeting. I am going to contact the school sdistrict I find her lack of respect disheartening and am not looking forward to dealing with other receptionists.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 17, 2014
Great school. Focuses not only on academics but also values and care values. My daughter really progressed in her reading and math skills.

Posted April 09, 2014
Love this school. So happy with the teachers, the accelerated education my children are receiving, and the sense of community you feel when you walk through the door. The learning standards are high, and they will push your kids to succeed. My one complaint is that the school is in a not-so-nice neighborhood-- I wish we could move the school to a nicer area!

Aspire River Oaks Charter School 3

Posted August 23, 2013
Teacher needs to be proactive with the kindergarten class. Monitor their work as you instruct them to ensure they understand and are doing it right. Do not berate children in front of class. Ensure they have the proper tools to do the work and then monitor them as they use the tools. example: ensure they have sharpened pencils before starting assignment. Ensure they are holding pencil, crayon correctly and encourage them not berate them for doing it wrong. After all kindergarten is a the first step to real school learning. Leaarning is the key word. Be friendly, professional, and helpful. Smiles go a long way.

Posted August 07, 2013
My daughter has been part of River Oaks since she was in kindergarten, now she is in 2nd grade and my son just started his first yr. here as well. All of the staff are great. Being part of this family is great. I love the way they encourage their kids to strive for more and to be all that God has made them to be. If you want your kids to be successful then this is the place they need to start at. You will not be disappointed.

Posted April 15, 2011
I'm a proud parent of a student at Aspire River Oaks Charter School (ROCS), which is without a doubt one of the best schools in this region, period. The principal (Mrs. Whitehead), teachers, and support staff are professional, hard-working, and dedicated to providing the students with a top-notch education. It has won numerous awards the last couple of years, including The Title 1 Academic Achievement Award (2010,2011), California Business for Education Excellence's Honor Roll (2009, 2010), and California Distinguished School (2010). ROCS scored an 887 API for 2009-2011, which ranks it among the top performing schools in the entire state. I highly recommend this school to anyone who want the very best public education for their kids. You need to enter your kindergarten-ready child's name in the annual lottery, but good luck, there are many applicants for a limited amount of openings each year. Overall, I enthusiastically give River Oaks Charter School 5 BIG stars!

Posted February 15, 2011
Excellent teachers and principal. Extremely high standards. Active parents and good community council (i.e. PTA).

Aspire River Oaks Charter School

Posted January 25, 2010
This school is great , the teachers push the kids to their limits. This is my sons first year here. The parents are really involved in the kids school life.

Posted July 31, 2009
This is our 2nd year here at ROCS. Love it. Teachers and parents work really close together to bring the best for our kids. I think ROCS just needs to improve on their daily meals. It should have a full kitchen like a normal schools so students could have a good breakfasts and lunches since we are so busy with our daily works, we sometimes send our kids to school without their lunches and we depend on the meal they are getting at school. Ours kids complaint that either it is too cold or too watery since it has to transfer from another school district. Everthing else is execellent. Thank you

Aspire River Oaks Charter School
1801 Pyrenees Avenue, Stockton, CA  95210
Last modified Aspire River Oaks Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aspire River Oaks Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top