Bad
Good

Awesome parents, active PTA, supportive leadership and a sense of fun make teaching here worthwhile! From talent show to lunchtime sports and homework help we are what a great neighborhood school should be.

My 3 daughters attend Julia Morgan. The teachers are caring and dedicated. My girls love school and have made great friendships. I think that the entire staff does a wonderful job at creating an atmosphere of both learning and security. It is nice to have a school that really gets involved in education, music and outside activities.

I have written in before and feel I need to again voice my opinion. Julia Morgan was honored last year as a Distinguished School, one of the state's most exemplary and inspiring public schools. You don't receive that honor by having mediocre teachers or low test scores. Schools selected for Distinguished School Awards are strong, well-rounded community schools. Our teachers work hard and we have a very active and supportive PTA.

I am currently attending Elkhorn Middle School, and as I reflect back on my experience at Julia Morgan, and reading many of these suprisingly negative reviews, there are a lot of naive parents. The school provides all the opportunities necessary for the students to succeed, and that is coming from a former student.

Yes i agree. The district standards are ridiculous and the teachers don't have any choice but to teach for the benchmarks and that seems to be all they care about. They go way too fast for alot of students but they are just doing their jobs.

My child has gone to this school since kindegarten and my oldest son was the first 6th grade class. I do believe that most teachers there really care about the kids and want to do a good job, there hands seem to be tied with the rediculous testing requirements that are placed on them by 'our' government. No child left behind is a joke and drop out rates are at an all time high especially for boys. What are our schools doing to address this? Kids do not have a chance to be kids anymore and they are given material that they are not ready for. They are no longer encouraged to explore, imagine, immerse themselves in a subject and really understand it. Just sit down, keep quite, rush through lessons, move on quickly and if you don't get it sorry have to move on.

In response to the teacher that suggests teachers not to teach at this school, and parents not to enroll their children. I am offended and shocked that a teacher would lump a group of people into a category like this. My children have attended Julia Morgan since kindergarten .I have one in the fifth grade, and one in the fourth grade. While I do not think we have a perfect school , let me inform you that we are certainly not the worst.

I do not suggest any teachers to work at this school. I would not recommend parents to enroll their child in this school. Although, this is located in a seemingly 'new & nice neighborhood' and that the 'parents are involved', they are more involved in telling teachers how to do their job rather than be a parent at home. These children do not respect authority. The principal has not completely supported the staff when reprimanding a student.

My children really like the school and it's diversity. They feel safe and comfortable. The principal is very involved in a areas of the school. Academics seem to be on par with the district

Last modified Julia Morgan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.