Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted June 04, 2015
Why I chose a five star rating: •Staff cares for students like a family •Taught the right from wrong fairly •Motivated me to improve in subjects that I had trouble in •Made me like school more •Increased my confidence and self-esteem •Made lots of achievements and memories I am a former student.

Posted May 20, 2014
This is a wonderful school filled with an Administrative staff that truly cares about the kids and families. We have sent our kids here. We recommend it.

Posted January 21, 2014
This school is amazing. I have to say, at first. My mom was a little on the fence about letting me go because of what she 'thinks' she heard. Then she asked a friend of mine and finally let me go. I was scared at first like HELLO MIDDLE SCHOOL?! But the 7th graders get a day without 8th graders to learn the ropes. The band program is amazing! Te end of each quarter there's a dance, but the last one is for 8th graders only because it's their last year. As a student I hope you take me advice because I've been there. XD. But for any worried parents let them go to the math camp to get used to the one way hallways and stuff. It's an amazing school and the ratings don't even describe how terrific it is. It's big on recycling! In still a 7th grader here but the years almost over. Hopefully next year is just as great. The education is great and it only takes a 3.0+ average to get honor roll. Hope this helped!!!!

Christa McAuliffe Middle School 1

Posted December 11, 2012
I am a former student at Christa McAuliffe Middle School and honestly I hated it. At the beginning it was fine, fun, amazing, awesome! Then towards the middle of the school year I did not have fun. Teachers are not the best at this school. Nor are the kids there too. Bullying is a issue at that school. I constantly found myself wanting to cry. Kids are rude, judgmental, and very upsetting to know that these kids represent CMMS. If you have read most of the former/Presant student comments, most of them, have incorrect spelling. Luckily, I had a good ELA teacher in the 7th grade. Math and Science, I beg to differ. I struggled to learn in those two subjects and I'm sad to say, I almost failed. The teachers I had we're honestly mean to me. My science teacher did not know how to connect with other students, as I wasn't the only child failing. My math teacher, abruptly EMBARRASSED me in front of the whole class by getting one question wrong. The only thing that was satisfactory was the 7th/8th grade Counselor, Mrs. Mazza. She was the best and helped me as I struggled through the 7th Grade with teachers, and bullies. if you want a good Middle School, I suggest to not even consider, CMMS.

Posted September 01, 2011
My kids have thrived while at CMMS. Principal Malandro and his administrative team provide excellent leadership to the campus. Together they motivate the staff, students and families to give their personal best. I'm proud to be a part of the Christa McAullife family.

Posted November 23, 2009
I go too christa macualiffe and i have too say the teachers are great and the staff..my favorite teacher is ms.randeel for pre aglebra.I have the hardest time in that class but she always helps me(:

Posted August 02, 2009
Christa McAuliffe is a great middle school! Randy Malandro is a strong principal-leader, now in his third year at the school, and he has a staff of highly trained and enthusiastic professionals. They take pride not only in educating children to a rigorous standard but also in maintaining a sense of 'family'--where every person, adult or child, is respected and valued. As you walk onto the site and come into the beautiful vaulted lobby, you will immediately sense the calm, disciplined atmosphere that prevails at Christa McAuliffe. In these challenging times, we are blessed to have a great school like Christa McAuliffe. (And it still has electives and a free after school program!)

Posted April 08, 2009
Bullying is an issue at this school. As for discipline for bullying, the warning is fine by me depending on the severity of the bullying. My daughter has been threatened on more than one occassion with very little resolve, So bullying has continued. My daughter has a GPA of 3.88 and I give most of that credit to her home life. It takes constant and I do mean CONSTANT emailing and phone calling to get the teachers to update the PIV on a regular basis which they still do NOT do. As for administration, I must agree, credentialed admins, staff, principal, vice, and counselor have been wonderful. As for front desk adult workers, they leave a lot to be desired and could use some lessons in customer service friendliness,not so much with parents but with their own students. Extra curricular activities have a lot to be desired.

Posted April 04, 2009
CMMS is the best middle scholl ever! mr.gayle is the best teacher!

Posted October 21, 2008
Its a great school they always give you oppertunitties and chances and help when u fall and always put the right amount of dicipline for what you did wrong

3880 Iron Canyon Circle, Stockton, CA  95209-3612
Last modified Christa McAuliffe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.