Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No absolutely not. Kids run this school it seems and some kids are not safe well at least mines weren't. The teaching in this school is very poor and my child has fallen between the cracks for 3 years before I get her caught up with my hard earned money for an outside tutor.

I have 2 kids who attended this school and the teachers are just plain unprofessional. The kids at this school is so bad and not getting the discipline when it comes to a parent making complaints on the bullies. The after school program staffing is another group of unprofessional workers. very rude and even to parents. So glad I got my kids moved to a structured school and better teachings. My kids are in a safer and better environment.

the teachers OMG . they make student stand up all day with out a chair as punishment and they would tell the student to shut up. or they would always tell in call and the teach would say and I quote " WAHT DO U WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT , OH WELL KEEP UR THINGS IN A SAVE PLACE" when it was inside her backpack. OVER ALL THIS SCHOOL IS THE WORST PLACE YOUR CHILD COULD ATTEND . don't enroll the here . my child whent their for 6 monts and that was it couldn't take their fall attitueds and their rudness

My child attends this school, and there is not enough supervision, the teachers just do not care about the students, it seems all they care about is a paycheck. In the few years my child has been there there has only been one teacher that I found to be a great teacher. I am looking into sending my child to a charter school because I am tired of my childs lunch, back pack, jackets, and shoes being taken off of his body and the school does nothing about it except send him home because his shoes are missing. I would avoid this school if possible, don't let your kids go through what mine has went through.

Last year my Childs first experience as a Kindergarter was terrible she never went on field trips , her self esteem and confidence wasn't as high as it was when she when I had her in the Lincoln School District. This school will take away parents civil and god given right to whatever it takes to protect there staff . Parents have a right to to be an observer and volunteer in there Childs classroom they say they will do everything yo make sure parents feel welcomed and children safe then why was my child missing during lunch yet they write her up when she was found in the bathroom no one knew where my child was thank god she was ok there needed to be more supervision more parent volunteers in the classroom to make sure our children are safe and parents need to feel more welcome there are certain things I can say but all I know is this is the last year only because of Stockton's budget crisis ill have her stay for the after school programs I been wanting since last year began then after that it's Aspire school ranked #9 ill tell anyone don't send your kids here the first year is supposed to the best but they left my child behind they failed her I can't rate this school.

Hi, I am a parent of Maxine Hong Kingston and rate this school as exceptional across the board including it's Principal Leadership. It's a wonderful school with high standards for it's students, staff and parent involvement.

It has taken awhile to get the kinks out as a brand new school, but this year has started off much better. The school is doing a great job in academics and there are a lot of kids on honor roll now. The afterschool program is quite large and well run as well. The office staff is fantastic and it is easy to be involved as a parent as they really encourage parental support in the classrooms.

Being a brand new school, there are some kinks to be worked out. The teachers are wonderful and so is the executive board of the PTSA. I love that they have an afterschool program on the campus. I have a child in Kindergarten & 3rd grade and they love it.

Last modified Maxine Hong Kingston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.