Stockton, CA

George Lincoln Mosher 3

Posted June 04, 2014
I am very disappointed in George Lincoln Mosher. What happened to teachers, administration and parents working together? All this past year my child's teacher was unavailable when I tried to communicate at the end of the day. I tried calling her on several occasions at the end of the day but she was already gone for the day. How could this be when it's before 2:35??? Is the Princple aware of this and if she is aware why does she allow it? Teachers should be available after school to talk to parents. Maybe I am old fashioned in my thinking but I expect to be able to reach out to my child's teacher during school hours and not hear over and over that she is unavailable. I was getting out of my car to pick my child up for a dentist appointment one day at shortly after 2:00 and saw the teacher leaving in her car. I came back to the school the next day and saw the same thing. We'll that explained it. I wish my boss allowed this. Who oversees the principal who is not overseeing the teacher? It reflects badly on this school and the other teachers who are there not to just collect a paycheck.

Posted February 25, 2014
This school is run like a military academy that forgets that these are children, not robots. The children spend more time standing in line at recess than playing, are not allowed to speak during lunch, and lose their recess, more days than not, for the slightest noise class. Children shouldn't hate going to school. How are we supposed to inspire them to love school if the place itself is so dreadful?

Posted September 28, 2013
I was one of the very first 6th graders who attended this school, and I must say it was one of the greatest years in my life (Thank you Ms. Geiszler)! This school and the staff in general are all amazing. Mr. Brown was an excellent principal and although I haven't seen Mrs. Cuenin as the principal before, I know she's an amazing person (She was my 5th grade teacher).

George Lincoln Mosher 3

Posted August 29, 2013
My child has been a student at Mosher Elementary School for 3 years. I have been very pleased with the teachers that he has had. They have been very supportive and professional. However, I have been extremely disappointed in the principal. She does not give the impression that she is concerned about the students and she lacks the personal connections to them and their parents. I have had talks with her where she acted completely uninterested in what I was saying and both times she failed to make eye contact and actually began a conversation with someone else. She needs to learn communication skills if she plans to continue to work with parents!! She comes across "phoney" and I have actually witnessed her on several occassions being very unprofessional. On two instances when I came into the school to the office, I overheard her gossiping negatively and loudly about another parent and a person on her staff. I was shocked by her lack of class and professionalism. It's a shame that the principal conducts herself in this manner because Mosher teachers certainly do not. It made me very uncomfortable. She is not what Mosher parents want or need...it's a shame.

Posted August 09, 2011
I have a Kindergarten student starting out at Mosher this year. He has attended preschool for 2 years and has performed very well and has been motivated t start Kindergarten. I had all the confidence that his adaptation to kindergarten would be equally if not more successful. Unfortunately, the experience at Mosher has been less than acceptable. The orientation night as well as the back to school night was conducted in a very rushed and standoffish manner. There was an unwelcoming demeanor, and it seems as if the principal lacks compassion for the Kindergarteners that are experiencing school for the first time. the Mosher experience has affected an otherwise motivated student and has converted that motivation into a reluctance to attend this school. The principal lacks the compassion for first time school attendees and their families. If I could transfer our child to another school , then I certainly would.

Posted July 28, 2011
My son went to this school last year for 5th grade. I couldn't have asked for anything better. The 5th grade teaching team was excellent (Mrs. Dickinson and Mrs. Tracy). I know that the experiences that my son had this school year will help form him for the rest of his life. Thank you for all of the support you gave this school year. It was much appreciated.

Posted June 10, 2011
Mosher has raised my expectations of what public schools should be. My son has been there for 2 yrs going on 3. I have seen 2 different principals, Mr Brown ( has left) had more involvement and brought out school spirit with after school activ. Something that the new principal was lacking this year. Not taking anything away from her she was able to keep the curriculum, staff, and environment the same. School is in a beautiful updated condition from classrooms to playground. I do think they can push the kids harder but i also look at class sizes and see where that could be a challenge. My sons ability in math (strong), reading ( weak) have matured greatly this year. The teacher spotted his problem area early, involved us with her plan, and followed through. Was impressed towards the end of the year to see how much he got out of school. If your having second thoughts of Mosher don't this is a great school. My Daughter starts this year. will update next year with new thoughts. I wish there was more parent involved but i do understand times are hard right now .

George Lincoln Mosher 0

Posted October 21, 2009
I Think This School Is Great. It is motivating and has a good choice of TEACHERS and the PRINCIPLE is very awesome and funny.. We Have Days That Always Entertain US. Like today when we had a crazy day most of the teachers 5were dressing really crazy. This school shows alot of school spirit. In my point of view..

Posted May 20, 2009

Posted May 08, 2009
Mosher has a GREAT Principal, he takes pride in his students & teachers. I am very please with the way the Principal is running the school. When I leave my student at school, I now she will be getting a top notch education, her teacher takes her time to explain to the students & she lets the student explore new adventures, idea's. I come from the bay area & the things my child is learning is totally different & on a higher level. I like that fact the children are learning at a higher level. I know my child is being properly prepared for middle & high school as well as college. I recommend other parent to bring there children to Mosher Elem., the school is very diverse, challeging & happy/fun place to learn. Mr. Brown keep up the good work you are one of the best Principals ever.

George Lincoln Mosher
3220 Buddy Holly Drive, Stockton, CA  95212
Last modified George Lincoln Mosher is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Lincoln Mosher Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top