No rating

First Baptist Christian Schools

Private | K-8 | 117 students

Our school is best known for equipping students to impact their world for Christ

Living in Stockton

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $85,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

School Official Point of View

Posted August 4, 2013

First Baptist Christian Schools of Stockton strives to educate and equip students to impact their world for Christ. We believe in educating the whole child - academically, spiritually, physically, and emotionally. It is our privilege to partner with families to educate and prepare their children to make a positive difference in the world, now and for years to come.

Posted May 8, 2014

I have been very pleased with my children's experiences at First Baptist Christian Schools. The staff and administration are very friendly and very helpful. Academics are solid and fieldtrip opportunities give a wonderful balance to elementary education. The school is Christ centered and has provided my children with a quality Christian education I don't believe they could've received anywhere else. It is a great school!

Posted May 8, 2014

Our daughter has thrived the four years she has attended First Baptist Christian Schools. Her teachers have taken the time to understand her pace and style of learning and teaches accordingly. The academic success of the students is apparent in the classroom structure and the interactions with both the students and parents. FBCS endeavors to teach and equip every student toward not only academic success but also spiritual growth. It is this well balanced and wise approach which has created an environment for our daughter to succeed and to be continually performing above her grade level. We value FBCS not only because of the academic success of the students but also the school's commitment of their spiritual growth. The current school principal is effectively leading her staff and the student body in Scripture memorization and the important emphasis on missions and local outreach. If you are reading this review as a part of your decision making process, I highly recommend you make an appointment to meet the school principal, Mrs. Bulleri, schedule a tour and experience the excellence of FBCS for yourself. I recommend enrolling your child in First Baptist Christian Schools.

Posted May 7, 2014

Being a part of a discipleship school has been an absolute blessing. My children get the privilege of going to chapel weekly where they can praise and worship our Savior and are challenged to grow deeper in their personal relationship with Jesus. The administration, teachers and staff do an excellent job at demonstrating and showing the love of Jesus to my children.

Posted May 7, 2014

We have two of our children enrolled in the school and have been very satisfied with the education that our children have received. Just because it's a Christian school doesn't automatically make it a perfect school. We've had little issues come up between one of my children and another student and the teachers did a fantastic job of not just dealing with the issue but also made them into teaching lessons. The administration is very involved in all functions of the school and has been very supportive and encouraging to both my wife and I and our children. Prior to enrolling our oldest child at FBCS he was in a Charter school. The difference between the Charter school and FBCS is amazing. The level of professionalism, the love that the staff pours into my children, and even the type of kids enrolled is a stark contrast. While there is no perfect school out there for my family FBCS is home. It's a safe place for my children to grow both spiritually and academically. I would highly recommend the school if you value a Christ centered education for your children. We looked at the other Christian schools in the area and in our eyes FBCS was the best choice.

Posted April 14, 2014

I am sad to express that I am very disappointed with this school for several reasons: 1) Although they have some good teachers, there is a lot of 'family' taking the teaching/administrative roles, so don't complain about them, they are somehow related! They give you a nice smile but if you go visit at different times, you could hear the meanness and yelling from some of the staff. 2) Discrimination and bullying is not controlled. The teachers don't really like to talk about it because they don't watch the kids during breaks or lunches when this happens. My kids come home sad from time to time saying how mean other kids are to them having them play diminishing games like 'a lame dog' or 'go play with the ball and the wall'. I appreciate how some teachers try to teach them God's word, but without loving others, good testimony lacks... 3) I agree that if an accident happens, you won't hear a report from the teacher, daycare staff won't know either. 4) You can't get involved as a parent if you are not part of the 'group'.

Posted March 5, 2013

My children have been at First Baptist Christian School for nine years. They have developed academically and spiritually. I have been able to partner with talented Christian educators who have the best interest of their students in mind at all times. Administration has been attentive to my questions and when necessary provided discipline that allows for teaching, forgiveness, and reconciliation. My children have been surrounded by children who are encouraging to one another. As my daughter enters high school I am assured the she will be successful in high school and all future endeavors. You will be exceedingly pleased with your decision to register your children at First Baptist Christian School.

Posted March 5, 2013

First Baptist Christian School has been a great environment for my son both academically and spiritually. He has been challenged to be responsible and accountable for his learning and for living out his faith. I appreciate that his teachers have held him accountable for his progress. I know that he is being well-prepared with the skills necessary to achieve success in high school.

Posted February 28, 2013

We made a big mistake enrolling my son here. My son was being bullied by his classmate and he was scared to tell his teacher. One time my husband saw my son being bullied and he reported it to the teacher. The teacher then isolated my son from his classmates, my son was so sad afraid and crying. He thought that if a person gets hurt by someone that your not supposed to tell the teacher bec the teacher will put you on timeout. Told principal what happened, teacher denied it principal stood up for the teacher lying. Held a meeting teacher didnt showed up. Teacher not setting a good example for kids, not acting like adults with poor judgement.

Posted February 28, 2013

Son got an accident and fell on the cement with bump and scrape on knees. When my son got home No report from teacher. Next day my husband asked teacher what happened and she said its just a lilttle thing and no incident report or even a note was done. Teacher was upset being asked about what happened. Protocol not being followed I know that schools needs to write an incident report, call the parents or just make a note especially if a child sustaineda bump from falling on a cement but for the teacher " its just a little thing", my son is only 6 yrs old and the fall or bump can have side effects afterwards and patents needs to be informed. We are not asking for a lot just as parents that we be notified. The teacher made incident after being asked by principal to make one, teacher filed it out as " no bumps". That day my son told me that teacher told him meanly " i'm tired of your mom and dad getting mad at me". Told principal she said that if we wanted a meeting with the board thst teacher needs to approved it ( does the teacher own the school?). Teacher went on two days vacation ... After the incident. Made a mistake putting my son in this school.

Posted February 25, 2013

I currently have 3 children at First Baptist Christian School and couldn't be more pleased with it. The teachers and administration are wonderful! My children are being challenged academically and growing spiritually. Definitely a complete package! C.Barth

Posted January 3, 2013

We had a terrible experience at First Baptist. Our children were not learning and when the staff, principal and pastor were questioned about the matter, we were treated like criminals. Our children were at First Baptist for 4 years, and they were not performing at grade level standards, because frankly they were not being taught correctly. The school has the proper California state curriculum, but the teachers are not correctly implementing it in their classrooms. After relocating to a new school, we realized how fortunate we were to have left First Baptist. Our children are now performing at grade level and are in a true Christian environment. Parents please be careful and choose wisely!

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Dance teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Dutch
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Dutch

Health & athletics

• Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 5:30 p.m.
  • Mrs. Stephanie Bulleri
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Direct instruction
  • Standards-based
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Performance stage

Performing arts
  • Dance
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

10 out of 10students were accepted for the 2013-2014 school year.

Students accepted for the 2013-2014 school year
Applications received for the 2013-2014 school year

What does it cost?

Tuition range for the 2013-2014 school year
$4000 - $4000
Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Jim Elliot Christian High School