6-8 & Ungraded
Stockton, CA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

LHA is a great place to work and learn. 10 out of 10 similar schools ranking, Distinguished Schools Award, new and expanding facility, college classes, CiF sports, interventions, clubs and an amazingly dedicated staff make LHA special.
May 6, 2011

Posted January 25, 2014
Amazing college prep program. My child began in 6th grade and is now is a junior. There is lots of work but students take college classes when in high school. He will have about 40 units of college credit when he graduates. That will save me thousands in tuition for college!

Posted August 29, 2013
This is my children first year at LHA,they have transferred from another school and have already begin to think differently concerning their education. I have never seen my kids as eager and willing to work extra hard for their future. We just had Open House and the energy and drive throughout the facility among teachers, parents, principal and students is so great! I am already seeing my children come home with a different mindset and drive for their future. Iron Sharpens Iron, and I see the teachers just as motivated, excited and eager to bring these kids to the next level in their education. Hats Off to all the Staff at LHA! I see the change, I appreciate the positive daily confessions you are instilling in our children each day. I see the dedication. It's a joy to know my kids can dial the number to any teacher at any time and get the help and assistance they need for their out of class work! Thank You! A Proud Parent! So Far, So Good!

Posted August 29, 2013
Research Schools and assist parents in finding the right kind of school to put their children. This school has a 30% increase in Math along with 74% of Students performing basic and above on iLeap and Leap! In 2011 their SPS(School Performance Scores) was 85.1 and increased in 2012 to 86.1. I'd say this school has made a significant improvement since the storm, and is still improving

Posted July 23, 2013
I agree with every parent opinion on this school! This school isnt as great as they say

Posted May 06, 2011
Here are some clarifying facts about Aspire Langston Hughes: LHA was awarded the California Distinguished Schools award this year. One of only three schools in the county to get that award. Of the three schools LHA is the only one that is "nonselective" meaning anyone can apply. Currently the school has over 400 students on the waitlist, nearly as large as the current student body. LHA had the highest API growth in Stockton and recieved a 10 out of 10 Similar schools ranking.

Posted February 18, 2011
I'm having the same problem. I emailed my son's english teacher to see what reading level he was at. Her response was "I'm working on that". That was 6 months ago. I emailed her back to see if she forgot and no response. I'm not too happy to see that the college credits can't be transferred to good colleges. Where's the brand new gym and library? What a joke! The used Oprah's name to get parents to enroll their kids at this school. If you look at the state's rating for school's in this area, this isn't one of the better one's. So sad!

Posted February 09, 2011
Langston Hughes is an amazing school. Like a family, really, more than a school. The camaraderie between students, staff and families is amazing. Not only is a achievement hi so is caring.

Posted November 18, 2010
I have nothing but trouble with this school. The Dean, does not provide me with information about my son's academics because it was his mother who enrolled him. She tells me to go to his mother to get acadmic information about my son. I feel that she does not provide any support to me because I am his father and she supports females more. Also, he is taking college courses that this school raves about in regards of the students excelling and being able to get jobs after graduation. I have been told that ALL the courses are transferrable to the state level (i.e. CSU) and the University level (i.e. UC Davis). However, when calling the school that they are a partner with they are not transferrable to both types of higher education schools. I would NOT recommend this school to anyone!

Posted November 18, 2010
I am very disappointed with this school. My husband has not been able to get any information about his son's academics. They tell him to go to the mother. He hasn't had a relationship with her for over 13 years and she refuses to provide any info. The mother doesn't feel it is important for her son to have an involved father. This school has caused us both so much stress trying to figure out what courses he is taking and how he is doing. I thought the problem with society was the parents that don't care or taken an active role??? I would not recommend this school to anyone if they are separated from the other biological parent.

Posted May 17, 2009

Aspire Langston Hughes Academy
2050 West Lane, Stockton, CA  95205
Last modified Aspire Langston Hughes Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aspire Langston Hughes Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top