Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Primary Years Academy 5

Posted September 21, 2015
Love, love, love this school!!! It provides the best education in a rigorous yet nurturing learning environment that prepares our children to be responsible internationally minded citizens of the 21st Century.

Primary Years Academy
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 21, 2015
Both my husband and I feel pretty blessed with the high quality education our daughters have received at Primary Years Academy. Thanks to their amazing teachers...Ms. Delporto, Ms. Pollard, Ms. Culbreth, Ms. Marciano, Ms. Brock, Ms. Mittelstedt and Ms. Ponte!

Primary Years Academy 3

Posted January 15, 2014
I love this school and so do my children. They are happy to attend every day and that makes me feel secure. I do have a problem though. I think that the teachers/principal are focused more on test scores then what type of extra help they can offer the children who are struggling academicly. Some children just don't do that great on testing but do great in other areas. There are many types of learning styles and it seems they don't pay attention to that. Not all children learn the same way, and its not only this school but probably all schools that are used to teaching one specific way and I feel that many of the children who struggle would benefit way more if all different models of learning were put into practice.

Primary Years Academy 4

Posted September 09, 2013
My daughter started this school in kindergarten, she loved the teacher and the school, this year she got mrs pollard for 1st grade, she is a terrible teacher, yells at the kids and expects way to much for 6 year olds, unfortunately there is no room in the other classes so we are stuck with her. we are not sure if we will return next year.

Primary Years Academy 3

Posted June 30, 2013
My daughter started this school last year in K, Mrs. Lee was her teacher and is outstanding! She is loving and wonderful, the principal was great too. Then in 1st grade my daughter got Mrs. Pollard and it was a nightmare, the year consisted of meeting after meeting with her and meetings with the new principal with no real resolution. My daughter begged me not to take her back to that class, I witnessed her yelling at kids, embarrassing them in front of the class, and even complaining about the "huge" pay cut she took by coming to this school. I am torn, unsure if I should return to the school.

Primary Years Academy 5

Posted October 23, 2011
PYA has a strong community of students, teachers, parents and staff. It's comitted to helping students be successful members of a global society in the21st century. The school is small in size and big in ideas. As a candidate for International Baccalaureate World School authorization, we teach the whole child in exciting, inquiry-based learning. Come and visit: we welcome parents!

Primary Years Academy
1540 North Lincoln Street, Stockton, CA  95204
Last modified Primary Years Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Primary Years Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top