Claudia Landeen School 3

Posted August 21, 2014
Someone with a vendetta has obviously written quite a few of these. It's sad that person needs to hide behind anonymity. That said, I think CL's principal does have a lot to learn. However, there are wonderful, caring teachers at this school who have made my children's experiences great. -parent Leslie Weiss

Posted June 09, 2014
One of my students had a teacher 5 years ago and she was WONDERFUL, the same teacher this past year was very nice, very professional but taught totally different. She never said why, she never said anything negative but after talking to several other teachers and parents, I found out other teachers were the same way- it's the principal. That's the difference. She is a dictator! She creates the schedules for the teachers and tells them when to teach and how to teach what! Why not hire a robot if that's what she is going to do? I have been a Landeen parent for a very long time, I know the old administration was not perfect but at least she listened and I never heard teachers complain about her. My students saw her outside all the time smiling, listening to them, she knew who they were- does the new administration know who all the students are? You walk onto Landeen's campus and you feel the tension. The teachers still care about the kids and do their best under the circumstances but if you can- take your students someplace where the teachers can be themselves! I hope someone reads these comments, and fixes Landeen before it's too late!

Posted June 07, 2014
First the good- I was so impressed with whomever planned Field Day. It was great! The students did an excellent job and everyone seemed to be having a great time. I was able to "shadow" my student. I thought it was so sweet that the DJ dedicated a song to his wife. I have seen these teachers together and they do make a very cute couple! All the teachers seemed like they were having a blast, it didn't seem to matter if their "shift" was over, they stayed longer! That's what a call a dedicated staff! Now- the bad. WHERE WAS THE PRINCIPAL? I never see her except in the mornings chatting with one of the male teachers or telling students not to play/yelling at them. I don't understand her at all. I have gone to quite a few PTA events (some good/some awful) and I never see her. Does she not like Claudia Landeen? Does she have a sense of loyalty to her school? I talk to parents who have students at other sites, they see their principal all the time smiling/laughing with the students, why doesn't Landeen's Principal do that? I keep reading the reviews here and see I'm not alone. A principal should interact positively with the students, like the teachers were at field day!

Posted June 06, 2014
Under the former administration this school was amazing. Since the new administration took over it is no longer the "Marvelous Mariners". The teachers are afraid to stand up to the principal and the principal does whatever she wants, whenever she wants. I have personally seen her yell at students and staff members, as a parent to me this is unprofessional. She should never yell at them, she should talk to them calmly in private. In the last 4 years I have discovered she has "cancelled" Christmas, suspended or expelled more students than any other Lincoln Principal (this is all public knowledge) and continues to get away with everything. Title One could be better, my child was forced into a program called "Language!" and they wouldn't let him out, even though he was missing other academics! Overall, we loved the teachers, Kinder, 3rd & 4th especially- who doesn't love their Kinder teacher :) The office staff is always nice but way overworked! They need someone with experience in there! It's too bad the principal has to ruin it for everyone else because Landeen has gone from being a very happy school to being a very sad school. We won't be back next year!

Posted June 05, 2014
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL for both sons! I just found out through the rumor mill (the teacher hasn't responded to my email) that the teacher I really wanted next year won't be teaching my son's grade! She is the best, so I am very upset by this news! I also heard that my son's K teacher is no longer doing K, she was amazing too and would NEVER choose to leave on her own! What is this principal's problem? Can't she see these teachers are the best? My son is Autistic and he has HUGGED his 3rd grade teacher. I almost cried when I saw that today! He never hugs anyone. My kids learn so much from both their teachers over the years. Neither one of them have ever said anything nice about the principal. They say she yells and suspends students all the time too! She has only shown up for 1 IEP meeting for my older son even though technically she is supposed to attend all of them. Personally, I am glad because she kept interrupting the poor teacher in charge of the meeting, she tried acting like she knew something about my son when she didn't even know his name! Claudia Landeen overall has great teachers but horrible leadership, what type of leader moves teachers for no reason?

Posted June 03, 2014
I wish to say some good words about this school .We will be looking for different school.

Posted May 08, 2014
I have 2 sons at this school, in fourth and second, most of the teachers I really like. My 4th has had the same teacher for 2nd & 4th which is fine and had a great 3rd grade teacher, she really pushed him and drew him out of his shell (he's Special Ed). My second grader hasn't had the best of luck with his "experienced" teacher. He says she is mean to them. The principal never seems to have time for my concerns. My sons say they never see her unless someone gets in trouble or she is yelling at someone. When I have emailed her, I rarely get anything but a generic "political" answer to my concerns. She is never friendly when I am on campus, but no one is. Only the teachers I know (my older son's 3rd/4th grade teacher & my younger ones 1st grade teacher) Trying to get a hold of someone in the office is a nightmare- if there were a true emergency good luck! You have to try 2-3 times to get through before someone answers the phone. As for parent involvement, all you can do is get involved if your child's teacher wants you to. The PTSA is full of snobby parents who just want to sell, sell, sell. I tried to attend a meeting but did not feel welcome at all so I left.

Posted April 20, 2014
My son has been attending Claudia Landeen since K and each year gets worse and worse. This will be his last year, we are transferring him. This is the first year I have been able to try to get involved, I tried PTA but was turned away numerous times. They want to keep their little "clique", the meetings are never posted on the marquee or in the office window. Also- they have way too many fundraisers but my student hasn't received any benefits from the fundraisers- all the movies have been for the little kids! My son says that the lunch yard duties ignore the students, & the principal talks when she is out there or just yells at kids. The old principal was always friendly to all of the students! When the principal goes into classrooms, she is on the phone or on the computer. She never interacts positively with any of the students. I watch from the parking lot dismissal time, it's pure chaos! Kids go everywhere, except the younger ones. The primary teachers really try hard to keep their students together. This principal can't even keep a secretary- I believe for 2 positions there have been 6 people in 4 years! That should say something about the leadership of the school!

Posted February 06, 2014
2013 -2014 school year the current principal did nothing to stop the bullying of my 7 yr old. he was punched, kicked to the ground and yelling for help. his bully dragged him across the ground by his legs and when he got up to run away his bully came after him again along with another. she took sides and said that her investigation into the situation proved no witnesses and thats why she couldnt punish the bullies! what?! why would my 7 yr old tell me this crying and all about this if it were not true?

Posted May 17, 2012
This school was fabulous under former leadership however, when the principal retired and the new principal took over in 2010 it went downhill fast. The school would prefer children never interact, never touch, never be a typical kid. If your kid acts out the "only option we have is suspension." Expect to see your 1st grader, your 2nd grader, etc. suspended for rough housing, or for having a bad day. If you have a child with special needs pick a different school.

Claudia Landeen School
4128 Feather River Drive, Stockton, CA  95219
Last modified Claudia Landeen School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Claudia Landeen School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews.