Stockton, CA
Students enrolled: 1,932

Bear Creek High School 1

Posted April 15, 2014
I was a student at Bear Creek in 2006-2007 so all these reviews I read to me are garbage. I started in the middle of my freshman year an quickly made friends. But the teachers are boring and unhelpful. I was an A student a year ahead of my graduation schedule but when i moved and started bear creek eventually I feel behind because i had already done most of the work and none of my teachers had time to help and when I tried to move to more advanced classes the councillor told me it was too late in the year for me to be able to catch up to the rest of the class. So no in my opinion its not that great a school. I ended up going to the One. Program and graduated an entire year earlier.

Posted January 09, 2012
From all the negative comments everyone seems to make about Stockton, you would think it was a horrible school, but they have a beautiful campus, much like a community college, it is the nicest looking school in LUSD plus it is in a very good neighborhood, some people are just always negitive and can never see the good In things, they have alot of student involvement which is great! It really helped our out of state daughter feel comfortable as a new freshman.

Posted November 05, 2009
I started my teaching career at Bear Creek and I'm still there after 16 years. I LOVE THE CREEK! It has the most diverse student population you could ever wish for and this makes B.C. a beautiful place to be, especially during the awesome anual International Ralley! I wouldn't teach ANYWHERE ELSE in LUSD - and I graduated from Lodi High - so I know from whence I speak. We love our kids! I hope that someday we can finally outshine the bad press that plaugued our beginnings.... I BLEED BEAR CREEK BRUIN BLUE!

Posted September 02, 2009
My son has just started his 9th grade here in BCHS/2009. He just loves his all teachers and extracurricular activities so much. He has orchestra class which he really appreachiates so much every day. His Pre-AP, AP, Honor classes are excellnet. He is also in the sports team and involved in it very much everyday more than 2 hours after school. I believe this makes him more to focus on his academic work as well. I can't describe enough how much I like this school's heathly environment that all excellent teachers and staffs create in BCHS.

Bear Creek High School

Posted January 16, 2009
i love it here, i just recently came here as a sophmore and the enviorment, the people, and the teachers are great! there's a new theatre program which i love being involved with, because there's no bias or establishment, so the kids are just themselves. all in all its wonderful =]

Posted November 22, 2008
my kids love this school, they are straight a students, and have alot of friends, the teachers are easy to talk to.

Bear Creek High School 4

Posted November 12, 2008
I'm a Bear Creek alumni from the class of 2006 and I feel like I took advantage of what the school offered by participating in various clubs, student government, and badminton. I feel like the school gives a student a lot of opportunities, but they should focus more on adademics. I had a well lived high school experience, and I accredit that to the diversity of the school and the supportive teachers and staff. My favorite part was the huge international rally they hold annually. Despite these wonderful programs, the school does not emphasize academics enough. After graduating and attending a UC, I have a sibling who goes to BC now who isn't enjoying BC as much. It' all really depends on how motivated the student is, but BC lacks support in areas such as providing any buses for after school activities and tutoring. I'll still be a Bruin for life.

Posted October 13, 2008
Bear Creek is known for its diversity. We have over 50 cultural ties and a wide variation of languages spoken on campus. Unlike other schools around the area we take pride in diversity and have come to accept those that are different; we build on each other and grow stronger every day. To judge a school like Bear Creek is a fraudaulent exercise in my opinion. Each Bruin works hard so that we as a whole can benefit from each other, but the best part of BC is that we choose to focus on our strengths and weaknesses; we are critical of ourselves and of our teammates, peers, faculty, administration, teachers, and even the food!

Posted October 01, 2008
bear creek is a GREAT school! as a senior, I've been through a lot at bear creek, from skipping class daily to not showing up at all. but overtime, teachers and administrators have encouraged me to keep up with my attendance and grades. We have great clubs there and also great people. bear creek isn't as bad as everybody says, they may think that from their bad experience at bear creek, but times have changed, so has the principal, administrators, securities, and students. it's a new age of students, and now bear creek is a lot different from when it was back in the days.

Bear Creek High School 4

Posted September 19, 2008
As a freshman at Bear creek high the school has had a bad reputation but now everything has changed. the teachers encourage us and we have higher expectations and we put academics first. If you step foot on campus you will change your mind hands down. I did

Bear Creek High School
10555 Thornton Road, Stockton, CA  95209
Last modified Bear Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear Creek High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top