Stockton, CA

Posted May 23, 2014
This school is a great school for my children. There have been maybe two instances where my son was knocked down by another child but the principle immediately remedied the situation and I couldn't thank them enough. Their staff is also great. The class sizes are good and not over crowded. Intervention for those who need it, is here also. After school programs and running club is awesome too! I recommend it.

Posted April 17, 2014
Great school with great teachers! My child is striving and enjoys going to school everyday. I am proud to say my child is a John Muir Eagle!

Posted December 11, 2009
John Muir School is an exelant school for children to learn i would like to go there myself if i werea child.. MY children love there teachers!!!

John Muir Elementary School

Posted July 30, 2008
Great school my kids are doing very well under the teachers at John Muir

Posted June 04, 2008
This school has some great teachers and great learning abilities. This schools faults are that they do have favoritism and its unfair. The school has some very strict rules. Don't be suprised when your kids come home with a lot of homework!!

Posted January 23, 2008
This school is excellent and I would recomend it!!!!!!

Posted September 01, 2007
We moved to the school 2 years ago and my kids have thrived here. Our experience has showed me that curriculum throughout the state is basically the same. School environment (which includes students, teachers, administration & parents) is what make a learning community excel. JSo far, the JM learning community has been exceptional.

Posted June 11, 2006
Very strong PTA.It is very easy to access information about your kids through the Principal or teachers.Office staff is very helpful & informative.And alot of very excellent teachers.

Posted February 27, 2006
Both of my children have gone to JME and i feel the education has been good. The teachers have mostly been good. The principal knows all of the children by name. They are a GATE school which has been wonderful for my daughter. I highly reccommend this school for the GATE program. THe other levels are adequte. MY only complaint is that the teachers do not challenge the children who need more than grade level if they arent in GATE.

John Muir Elementary School 3

Posted January 12, 2006
Academic programs are fine. However, the communication between the parents and the Principal needs improvement. As a parent of a 3rd grader, I have had to personally contact the school in order to find out more information when my child has had an issue instead of having the school contact me and discuss the matter. There has even been an occassion where the principal responded to me by saying that I did not get a return call because she felt confident that my child would relay the information to me. Although my child could have relayed this information to me, an 8 year old child should not be expected to fulfill the principals obligation to respond to the parent. This was very poor judgment on the part of the Principal. If a parent calls the principal regarding their child, it merits a call back.

John Muir Elementary School
2303 Whistler Way, Stockton, CA  95209
Last modified John Muir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Muir Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top