Bad
Good

Posted November 15, 2013
Two of my daughters went to this school a few years ago, and now my nieces and nephews go here. Really nice school grounds, next to one of the few decent parks in Stockton. Good teacher involvement, as well as administration.

Posted August 11, 2011
My son moved to Wagner-Holt from Great Valley Elementary School and he did a lot better. His reading improved and he loved doing doing his homework right away.

Posted May 03, 2008
My child attends Wagner-Holt and she dearly loves it. The staff works hard to deliver high quality curriculum and ensure standards are met. My only concern is that there are several parents who don't care nor want those same high expectations. PTA group is very supportive. It's a positive and productive school.

Posted April 10, 2008
The school itself is okay. My child doesn't like it as much as she did at Creekside.

Posted December 13, 2007
Our experience with Wagner-Holt has been mediocre at best. While the teachers are very accessible and show a sincere interest in our children, the workload and type of curriculum has caused stress. Things that used to be considered fun, like P.E. and music, have become activities that receive grades. There is not a high rate of parent participation either. For our family it has been because it's difficult to run out to join a function when there is so much homework to be completed on top of normal things like dinner, chores, etc.

Wagner-Holt Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2007
All this school is concerned with is government funding while the children suffer with over crowding. Spanish speaking children (a huge population) are passed even though they can't read or write English. Neither the teachers nor administration are making any effort to combat this problem. Many families are simply sending their children elsewhere because this school fails in most every academic area. Many other families are low income and really can't afford to leave.

Wagner-Holt Elementary School 1

Posted July 19, 2007
I had children and family members who attended this school. All I can say is TERRIBLE!! This school should be avoided at all costs. I have lots of experience with this school Wagner is ran by people who clearly need help. As far as administration is concerned, there isn't a male in sight for the boys who need that male influence. There's only a couple of male teachers in the entire school. Just visit there and see the truth. The test scores for this school are consistently low. Go figure!

Posted August 11, 2005
Wagner Holt is a wonderfully diverse school that embraces Stockton's multiculturalism. The staff there is united to give our children a solid foundation in all core subjects.

Posted July 31, 2005
This was our first year in the public school system my daughter who was entering the 3rd grade had been in private schools since Kindergarten. Boy did we luck out or should I say were very blessed. We had Ms. Loftin and I cant say enough how wonderful she is. My daughter excelled like I had never seen and she is ready for 4th grade.

Posted March 31, 2005
My children have attended Wagner-Holt for several years and I've always been impressed with the teacher conferences that I've attended. Teachers are prepared with grades, student progress, and problem areas, and possible solutions to overcome them. They make themselves available and are willing to work with my children before or after school if needed. Most importantly they have and continue to welcome me into their classroom.

Wagner-Holt Elementary School
8778 Brattle Place, Stockton, CA  95209-4850
Last modified Wagner-Holt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.