Stockton, CA

Glenwood Elementary School 1

Posted May 28, 2014
Last week of school talent show went very well as far as the students performances. That being said, parents being forced to put away cameras and told not to take pictures of their children is wrong. Especially considering the last minute notice as we are about to begin. Through the whole school year we as parents have been allowed to video record or take pictures of our student to keep as memories and to show other family who could just not make it! Felt very uncomfortable as the principal PICKED whoever she wanted to stand behind that had a phone in hand and even went as far as grabbing at it. Very disappointed.

Glenwood Elementary School 2

Posted July 10, 2013
There are postives & negatives to every school regardless of location. My child does like attending Glenwood for the most part. I do NOT agree or like the way the 1st grade "academy" class is ran with 2 teachers in one large classroom with 52 students at the beginning of the school year. I also don't like that it was still so similar to a kindergarten class without individual desks & carpet time like kindergarten or preschool. I also didn't appreciate the handling of students in regards to an "incentive assembly" at the end of school that many children were excluded from & sent to the cafeteria for several hours with additional work & without parental notification. Here's hoping the new principal will do better after her 1st year under her belt.

Posted August 13, 2009
I do agree some of the teachers work very hard towards giving my child a great education, but their can be some training needed for the administrative staff in people skills and cultural diversity. I don't feel comfortable walking into the office because I feel I am different even though I just a parent. I also feel because I am of a different race I feel my culture is not respected at the school. Culture and people skills are greatly needed at this school.

Posted August 07, 2008
My son was in Mrs Stoneberger for first grade and I always got excellent feedback from his teacher as to any concerns or compliments. I grew up in a small community like this and this makes me feel at home. Great School whatever the rating.

Posted January 09, 2008

Glenwood Elementary School 4

Posted February 26, 2007

Posted June 09, 2006
I am a parent of both a 1st and 2nd grader. I have really been happy with the how the staff at Glenwood have been with both my girls. What ever concerns that I have with my children they are right there when I needed any help with academics with either of them. I would have to say I am glad that Mrs Stonebarger and Mrs Heinze are the teachers for first grade. They are wonderful. Very friendly teachers and are very willing to give any help at any time for you-the parent and or student. Many times I have made appointments to go in after school to talk to them and they never said sorry cant do that maybe next week. They were always there for me 100 percent of the time.

Posted April 20, 2006

Posted May 06, 2005
- a administrator
As growing up in the district I always felt the children were all motivated upon there own to achieve there goals without the stress from the suburbian lifestyles.

Glenwood Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2004
I have been involved with Glenwood School since 1989. I have seen many changes in the past 15 years, but through all the changes, Glenwood has only gotten better each year. With all the problems in the school systems, the violence that takes place in schools, I have never felt uncomfortable or ill at ease about leaving my children off at school. The staff is genuinely concerned about each and every student and the students are treated with respect. Glenwood School staff, students and student families are like one big family. It is a wonderful feeling to be a part of all this.

Glenwood Elementary School
2005 North Alpine Road, Stockton, CA  95215
Last modified Glenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top