Bad
Good

Last week of school talent show went very well as far as the students performances. That being said, parents being forced to put away cameras and told not to take pictures of their children is wrong. Especially considering the last minute notice as we are about to begin. Through the whole school year we as parents have been allowed to video record or take pictures of our student to keep as memories and to show other family who could just not make it! Felt very uncomfortable as the principal PICKED whoever she wanted to stand behind that had a phone in hand and even went as far as grabbing at it. Very disappointed.

There are postives & negatives to every school regardless of location. My child does like attending Glenwood for the most part. I do NOT agree or like the way the 1st grade "academy" class is ran with 2 teachers in one large classroom with 52 students at the beginning of the school year. I also don't like that it was still so similar to a kindergarten class without individual desks & carpet time like kindergarten or preschool. I also didn't appreciate the handling of students in regards to an "incentive assembly" at the end of school that many children were excluded from & sent to the cafeteria for several hours with additional work & without parental notification. Here's hoping the new principal will do better after her 1st year under her belt.

I do agree some of the teachers work very hard towards giving my child a great education, but their can be some training needed for the administrative staff in people skills and cultural diversity. I don't feel comfortable walking into the office because I feel I am different even though I just a parent. I also feel because I am of a different race I feel my culture is not respected at the school. Culture and people skills are greatly needed at this school.

My son was in Mrs Stoneberger for first grade and I always got excellent feedback from his teacher as to any concerns or compliments. I grew up in a small community like this and this makes me feel at home. Great School whatever the rating.

Last modified Glenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.