Stockton, CA
Students enrolled: 1,235

Great Valley Elementary School 1

Posted December 18, 2013
Went to enroll my son to this school... you get tru main door big sign that reads this school is over crowded.! Next their staff look and IS so unprofessional. They are rude. And it seems they dont get along with each other there.The tons of homework! Literally my boy spends 3+ hrs at home doing homework after school every day of the week. I work late and come to sit and help my boys teacher do her job. Then he says that Mrs. .. shouldn't be a teacher because she doesn't enjoy her job. She gets strees/upset easily and yells at the kids a lot. And even told them to SHUT UP! As soon I can I will move him to a different school.

Posted April 12, 2010
The has some problems just like other schools, but the instruction from teachers like Mr. Whitesel makes a huge difference. I give the school 2 stars and Mr. Whitesel 4 stars!!! Makes that an average overall score of 3.

Posted April 01, 2010
My son used to attend this school and I have to move him to another school because we felt that the teacher failed her duties. We have no regret of paying tuition to now compare to our child being sent to office all the time for not doing his work. He did not do his work because the teacher is not willing to spend time knowing our son's ability. Our son is doing well in his new school.

Great Valley Elementary School 5

Posted December 14, 2009
Awesome school!!!! All 3 of my children have gone there at some point in time since they opened. The staff is wonderful:)

Posted October 07, 2009
This is my childrens first year at Great Valley and they love it. They're glad we moved to this district

Posted June 25, 2007
My daughter attends and unfortunately I feel like she is now far behind academically! This is sad as she was a star student well focused and leaning soo much each day, In this school the children's minds are left 'idle' till they eventually loose interest. They focus on test for funding but not future college and high school preparedness. We struggle to hang on to her potential and hopes of a true education. Great Valley needs to step it up!

Great Valley Elementary School 4

Posted June 13, 2007
My daughter has attended this school for two years and both times she has had wonderful teachers that have kept me informed of her progress and have worked with her to improve her grades. The school is a little too focused on the state test but overall I have had a great experience. Her fourth grade teacher Mrs. Anderson is the best!!!

Great Valley Elementary School 2

Posted January 03, 2007
The classrooms are over crowded

Posted October 25, 2006
They need more science and hands-on work.. The school is teaching the test so that they are not penalized and lose money.

Posted April 19, 2006
The junior high has improved since last year - my son is getting a better education.

4223 Mcdougald Boulevard, Stockton, CA  95206
Last modified Great Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Great Valley Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top